Home Forums Bike Forum BBC Fort Bill results – weird reporting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBC Fort Bill results – weird reporting
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Anyone else find it strange that the story on the BBC home page about the fort bill result (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44354366) only talks about Racehl Atherton not winning, and completly ignoring who did win. Esp since the winner was also british?

tomhoward

They aren’t reporting the results though? Just that rach didn’t win?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They reported Tahnee winning on Sunday with a video and quote.

Athertons and Rachel especially have done stuff with the BBC so probably a generic story to add to it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44350157

Sundays story

lobomo
    Free Member

I gave up hope after the second paragraph. Not surprised though

warpcow
    Free Member

^What that lot said.  It’s not a results story, it’s a Rachel story.  Results had already been reported.

dirkpitt74

Looking at it, if Rachel hadn’t crashed I recon she would have just about won – would have been close though as she ended up 9 secs off 1st.

Good result for Tahnee though – hopefully we’ll have a good battle for the Women’s title this year.

MSP

I had seen the Tahnee winning on the sports page, still there today. Hadn’t seen the Rachel story at all until you brought it to my attention.

I think it is good, and almost amazing that the BBC have two story’s about the event. But lets face it nobody here goes to the bbc for mountain bike event reports (I still haven’t viewed either of them)

stevextc
    Free Member

Dunno about reporting, the BBC are not where I’d go for results :D

Even weirder I don’t know how I feel about the results…. or I guess how Tahnee is going to feel.

I wanted them both to win… but I also feel a bit like it would have been better without the snapped chain… especially as Tahnee knows Rachel smashed her winning time in qualifying it must feel a bit less than winning without the chain.

Equally I think it’s a brilliant result for both in the circumstances.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBC Fort Bill results – weird reporting’ is closed to new replies.