Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Barbed wire on the trail
  • funkrodent

FFS there are some real messed up psychos out there. Those injuries, jesus!

dirkpitt74

WTF??
    Why do some idiots think that this is acceptable?
    How long before someone isn’t more seriously injured?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mintyjim

terrifying isn’t it! It looks pretty horrific but could have been so much worse.

WTF the wrong with some people indeed.

danposs86

I can’t imagine the thought process that went through someone’s mind whilst setting this up!

@stwhannah
    , maybe a news post warning people?

tomhoward

**** me!

argee

Unfortunately it’s not really an unusual thing, just that there’s been an injury this time, i’ve seen traps on trails since taking up biking in the late 90s, it’s amazing the amount of people out there who think that these types of traps are actually a valid option for whatever slight they feel towards MTB’ers, even worse is that it’s usually middle aged to older men and women doing this, who feel they are more entitled to public spaces than others.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

When some of the ***** that do this ever get caught, go to court and get sentenced, I hope they have to play “pick up the soap” for a number of years for attempted murder.

ta11pau1

And on a purpose built sodding MTB trail which no one should be using for anything else.

Hope they use dna etc to find the culprits stick them in a dark ******* hole.

Bez

find the culprits stick them in a dark ******* hole

Probably more appropriate to stick the barbed wire up the culprit’s dark hole. **** animals.

MoreCashThanDash

That needs publicity – idiots who do this need to understand that their half-assed idea has really world consequences to someone, potentially fatal. In which case, I’m guessing the Police enquiry would be raised quite a bit higher up the priority list.

bikesandboots

Jesus. Very lucky not to die, isn’t there a major artery on the throat thus a cut throat is easily fatal. Marks will be there forever.

What’s the offence being committed by the perpetrator? Any different from taking shots at riders with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire?

GBH? https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/crown-court/item/causing-grievous-bodily-harm-with-intent-to-do-grievous-bodily-harm-wounding-with-intent-to-do-gbh-2/

Or would it go more serious, based on what could be reasonably expected (or intended) to happen vs. what actually happened.

lister

The comments under the BBC news article on farcebook are surprisingly good and reasonably sympathetic considering it’s a cyclist getting injured story.

ahsat

I saw this, this morning. And I just couldn’t get it out of my head whilst riding today. Certainly takes the enjoyment out of it.

snaps
    Free Member
    chestercopperpot
    Free Member

When some of the ***** that do this ever get caught, go to court and get sentenced, I hope they have to play “pick up the soap” for a number of years for attempted murder.

You’d like to think so but…….

They usually turn up to court like this:

Walking Frame

Then talk about their mental health to a judge of a similar age who lets them off lightly. The same cancer at the heart of British politics both local and national. If it was someone younger, it’d be throw the book at them, bring back the birch, chain gangs and hanging.

aide

That is horrific, the picture really shows how bad the guys throat is and I’m guessing it could have been even worse than that. To be putting stuff like that on a purpose built track is barbaric, hope they get the cretins responsible for it (though I’m guessing they  probably will not)

danposs86

Interesting theory from a local on Pinkbike that the guy may have actually been on an MX bike riding illegally.

(Not that this makes any sabotage acceptable at all!)

I honestly think he was riding Moto. I can see from the background in the photo’s that he is parked up on a farm where Moto riders pay to ride, they also leave the farm and ride in the forest near by where the booby traps are being left. He also live 25 miles away and there is nowhere near enough paths to justify travelling that far to ride MTB up there

(The comment is a reply to a comment in the hidden comments at the bottom)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter what he was doing. At all.

tjmoore

That it was a trap on an MTB trail means it was intended to harm if not kill a mountain biker. Doesn’t matter who it actually harmed and makes a more important point that often traps are on shared trails that may have unintended consequences. Though in this case I understand it’s a dedicated MTB trail (official?).

danposs86

Doesn’t matter what he was doing. At all.

Not saying in the slightest that sabotage is acceptable for anyone using the outdoors!

IdleJon

Though in this case I understand it’s a dedicated MTB trail (official?).

No, it’s not. It’s a network of paths over the mountain that have been used by everybody for years, but probably have no designation at all.

monkeyboyjc

Small piece on this in yesterday’s Times….

By small, about an inch of text.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Barbed wire on the trail’ is closed to new replies.