Home Forums Chat Forum Bad actors stoking hate again (Southport Stabbings)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,939 total)
  • Bad actors stoking hate again (Southport Stabbings)
  • blokeuptheroad

blokeuptheroad

Spot on Cougar. And bonus points for raising a snigger with ‘Muslamic rayguns’!

dyna-ti

Tyler Kay posted tweets calling for mass deportation, and for people to set fire to asylum hotels. He tagged Northamptonshire police on his posts, and said he’d watched enough CSI to knew he would “categorically not be arrested”.

And that was a re-tweet(or repost) of Lucy Connolly, the Tory councillors wife. She’s been remanded and the judge has stated his court isnt high enough for the seriousness of it.

Time will tell on that one whether she receives a custodial sentence which is more or less than the reposer, or whether she will get a suspended sentence.

TBH quoting someone could now land you in civil court. For example Trumps VP had some stuff said about him involving a settee. Which has been reposted here. Does this now mean he can search out whomever has reposted that allegation and sue them

MoreCashThanDash

Talk about making it easy for the cops… Tagging them in your tweets and claiming to be a legal expert due to watching CSI on TV…

Absolute leg-end!

MoreCashThanDash

TBH quoting someone could now land you in civil court. For example Trumps VP had some stuff said about him involving a settee. Which has been reposted here. Does this now mean he can search out whomever has reposted that allegation and sue them

I suspect he’ll start with some of Walz’s gentle digs, will be a while till he works his way down to us.

fenderextender
    Free Member

The Territorial CSI lad’s eyes are too close together. Sure sign of a wrong un.

Well, if judging people by their appearance works one way, it works all ways, surely?

argee

Spot on Cougar. And bonus points for raising a snigger with ‘Muslamic rayguns’!

Last time i used the word muslamic on here i got a warning off admin, how times have changed since last year!

blokeuptheroad

Context maybe?

Cougar

Dunno?, what did you just read?

Four or five pages of utter doublethink insanity with a side order of “who, me?” when asked to show their working.  Squirrel!

Cougar

Last time i used the word muslamic on here i got a warning off admin

I find this claim to be unlikely.

blokeuptheroad

I find this claim to be unlikely.

I find your Vaderesque language to be disturbing….

Cougar

A lack of faith leads to hats, and hats lead to the Dork Side.

gordimhor

A lack of faith leads to hats, and hats lead to the Dork Side.

This is the belief of someone who has never had seagull shit on their head

Cougar

More seriously,

On a point of pedantry, “admin” doesn’t issue warnings.  If you’ve been sufficient of a plum to incur the ire of admin above and beyond moderator discretion then you’re more likely to have your account deleted.

If you got a warning off the moderators then as Bloke said it was surely down to context, we have a filter for “words” so a warning for using a word is generally unjustified.

If both of those tests fail then it was a mistake.  The mods self-police by committee but cockups do happen on rare occasions because they’re human volunteers.

I was a STW moderator for a decade.  Public posts claiming “I got a warning for…” or “I’d get banned if I said…” were semi-common and were pretty much universally a conservative version of the truth at best.  By any yardstick, moderation on the forum is about as open as you can get beyond being wholly unmoderated, and trust me you really don’t want that.

Poopscoop

Only one logical explanation.

Two tier modding.

And……. Run for the hills poopy, run and never look back, never look back!

Cougar

Shithead.

(-:

Poopscoop

Cougar
    Free Member
    Shithead.

??

No need for the question marks, I am! :-D

Cougar

Forum, emoji, ninja edited.

piemonster
    Free Member

No need for the question marks, I am! :-D

Username checks out

Poopscoop

Cougar
    Free Member
    Forum, emoji, ninja edited.

The emoji question mark of doom (a distant relative of the dildo of doom) comes for us all in the end!

Cougar

Hate to break it to you (of all people) but if the dildo of doom comes for you, it ain’t a dildo.

scaredypants

the robocock of repercussion ?

Poopscoop

Cougar
    Free Member
    Hate to break it to you (of all people) but if the dildo of doom comes for you, it ain’t a dildo.

It can be your jolly rogering prosthetic of choice.

Which segways me to:

the robocock of repercussion ?

As I’m now playing Cyberpunk 2077 I prefer to call my prosthetic willy a Cybercock. The Cybercock of Concussion? Though I doubt that’s it’s intended use.

As it doesn’t work properly yet, it’s all hypothetical anyway. :-/

dudeofdoom

The emoji question mark of doom (a distant relative of the dildo of doom) comes for us all in the end!

Meh….

ernielynch

This the sort of crap that Muslims have to face on a day to day basis

ernielynch

And now the good news….. swift justice care of the wonders of modern phones/ technology:

https://www.irishpost.com/news/man-convicted-after-racially-abusing-and-spitting-at-bus-driver-in-shocking-incident-caught-on-video-276502

blokeuptheroad

I’m loving seeing these scum get caught and punished.  Too thick to realise that phones and and CCTV mean that’s almost inevitable. I hope he gets to spend a little time in a very multicultural prison where his exploits are common knowledge.

Edukator
    Free Member

Watching German TV this morning. The British right wing thugs ain’t got nothing on the German ones being held at bay by the cops at the Frankfurt Christopher Street rally. The previous story was 500 attacks on refugees.

When it comes to Nazis Germany still does it “better” :(

fenderextender
    Free Member

I haven’t seen anything about large scale disorder last night – I presume the Farage Riots are over? It’ll go back to small incidents like the charming fellow gobbing at the bus driver – possibly a little more emboldened for a bit. Someone, somewhere might get a youth centre built – perhaps.

Shitheads (to coin a phrase).

ernielynch

possibly a little more emboldened for a bit.

This unfortunately. I was on the Big Bike Ride for Palestine in London yesterday and the support from Londoners was truly fantastic, even better than on previous occasions. And unsurprisingly particularly in Tower Hamlets where the sounds of cars, vans, buses, blasting their horns was deafening, and people were jumping up and down in the streets whooping, hanging out of windows screaming support, etc

But on the way to the meetup point in Croydon which was only a ten minute bike ride from my place I was abused on two occasions by two different van drivers. It was well aggressive angry stuff.

It was the Palestinian flag attached to the back of my bike which is now presumably associated with anti far-right demonstrations. I have never experienced that level of aggression before despite having ridden back from events on my own across south London.

When I arrived at the meetup point I mentioned it to a female Muslim cycling friend who always wears a hijab and her first reaction was “now you know how we feel”

TBH that’s what motives me – I know that whatever crap I have to deal with it’s nothing compared to what they have to deal with on a day to day basis.

theotherjonv

Reading the title again literally – Laurence Fox is distinctly quiet / conspicuously absent from this recently. I think I read he legged it to ?Ireland? What’s happened to him, he was all over the ‘peaceful protests’ until they actually got serious.

pondo

Bracing himself to lose another lawsuit for defamation, I believe.

And now the good news….. swift justice care of the wonders of modern phones/ technology:

That is marvelous to behold.

theotherjonv

@ernie

probably people off here that recognised you ;-)

In seriousness, with the switch in attitudes and the numbers being convicted on SM posts and camera footage, worth a basic bike dashcam that you can then turn in to the police? I know it’s hard to confront as a lone person but as the mantra at my work goes ‘The standard you walk past is the standard you accept’. Each incident they get away with makes them a little braver.

ernielynch

I know it’s hard to confront as a lone person

One van was going in the opposite direction to me so as he slowed down to deliver an avalanche of abuse I just gave him the very British vee sign knowing that he was unlikely to follow me.

The second van was more problematic as I was on a duel carriageway and he was going in the same direction as me, he slowed right down and drove along side me. I just ignored him.

convert

Ernie – Are we talking your typical White British van drivers? I find that whole think completely odd – the same folk I’d have labelled anti Semitic too.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Does this now mean he can search out whomever has reposted that allegation and sue them

Yes.  You have our wonderful libel laws to thank for that, the best protection against defamation money can buy…

Cougar

It’ll be interesting to see what his sentence is.  That’s appalling behaviour.  All over being asked to leave because he didn’t have the bus fare.

I know it’s hard to confront as a lone person

Sadly, this is true.  I don’t know what I’d have done in that situation with Shouty O’Busman, but it would have taken a degree of liquid courage for me to get in his way.  As per that video, collecting evidence and leveraging social media is probably the best I could hope for.  In order to be the bigger man, one first needs to be considerably bigger than I am.

blokeuptheroad

Ernie – Are we talking your typical White British van drivers? I find that whole think completely odd – the same folk I’d have labelled anti Semitic too.

Easy there. That kind of negative stereotyping of a whole segment of society is straight out of the far right playbook. I suspect there are a lot of hard working ‘white British van drivers’ with decent values on STW who would take issue with that.

finephilly
    Free Member

I think we need more ‘punishment fits the crime’ . So for rioters – cleaning up the mess they made, fixing windows, street cleaning, gardening, painting, restocking shops.

Also, why not let asylum seekers work? Not with an NI number or bank account, but cash-on-friday basic labouring, fruit picking etc.

convert

Easy there. That kind of negative stereotyping of a whole segment of society is straight out of the far right playbook. I suspect there are a lot of hard working ‘white British van drivers’ with decent values on STW who would take issue with that.

Sorry – I can see (now) how that might read. I meant – if you are the type of person who leans out of vans to abuse a stranger I’d assumed you were as likely to be anti Semitic as have an issue with Muslims (or cyclists, or lbgt, or anything not just like them). The ‘typical white british’ of my initial phrase was a clumsy double check they weren’t a bunch of orthodox Jews on the way to a synagogue or the like.

Oh and I drive a van. It’s white.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,939 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.