Home Forums Bike Forum Baby carrier

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Baby carrier
  • bighairydel

Looking for recommendations.
    I have a 14 month old wee lass and a full suss carbon bike that doesn’t take a rack.
    Trying to find a carrier that’s suitable as all the ones I’ve seen are not compatible with carbon frames.
    Thought about a trailer but the reasonably priced ones are all for QR hubs.
    Help appreciated!

slowol

For using a trailer the robertaxleproject make thru axles to fitost trailer mounts. I think you can buy direct or from sjscycles.co.uk

Otherwise would a front seat like shotgun or the more budget Oxford explorer work?

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/the-robert-axle-project/

sillysilly
    Free Member

The Thule Yepp Nexxt Mini may fit depending on bike if you remove the foot supports. It goes under the stem if you have space.

bighairydel

It was those up front ones I was looking at but they say they’re not suitable for carbon frames.

swanny853

Yepp next mini is basically unusable on a frame with a remotely wide top tube without the feet removed- absolutely no steering swing.

It’s also a subtly different mount to the yepp mini so you can’t use the thin mount. Really terrible work from Thule tbh.

breadcrumb

WeeRide could possibly work? But as soon as I felt child 1 was ready I went on to a Mac-Ride (definitely before she was two I think). So your WeeRide might be short lived..?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.