Home Forums Bike Forum Awesome film about riding UP a hill

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Awesome film about riding UP a hill
  • DickBarton

Haven’t seen anything on this yet here, but this film – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liFHsc8h0hc – it absolutely brilliant.

Such an impressive effort…I also found it very easy to watch the full thing and hadn’t clocked it was 90 minutes – this seemed far more interesting than watching folk jumping gaps (which just has no interest to me, aware others might find watching gaps being jumped is their thing though).

nickc

May I be the first to say that that trail is much more fun the other way. But saw this come up on my feed the other day, and that is some impressive effort.

militantmandy
    Free Member

I’ve been looking forward to this for ages! Braydon is absolutely incredible.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Makes me pine for my vaguely fit days.

vlad_the_invader

Watched it yesterday. Bloody hell, he’s a determined bugger. Some crux moves he attempted over 50 times*
    I’d have given up waaaaay before that.

* Luckily, not every attempt made it into the film

ads678

I don’t think I’d get up the bit in the opening shot of the intro!!

pandhandj
    Free Member

Thank yo for that. Really enjoyed it. 👍

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Absolutely inspiring. Cycling uphill is definitely the best when it all clicks. Combination of powers, skill, technique and stamina… wow.

Really makes me want to ride my bike.

Maybe time for a gnadge thread….

hunta

Haven’t set time aside to watch it all the way through yet but looks fantastic. Thank you.

nre
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, really good film!

blackhat
    Free Member

Incredible and inspiring, a video definition of perseverance. Looked beyond spent at the top.

hardtailonly

Wowser! (Apart from all the dabs, obvs! 🤪)

Makes my below-par efforts today up Cut Gate seem very pathetic indeed!

Those crux moves, the Snotch in particular, were well impressive. But, what was probably the greater achievement was those final few miles, gradients of 25%+, in the dark, wind, rain/snow … how he had the energy to keep going?

Didn’t seem very well equipped with lights, just a few headtorches, but no lights on the bike?

ta11pau1

But, what was probably the greater achievement was those final few miles, gradients of 25%+, in the dark, wind, rain/snow … how he had the energy to keep going?

At over 10,000ft too…

Just got round to watching this, bloody hell. That’s some climbing skill and mental fortitude.

The lights, the first section which took him 50 attempts meant they were behind on time I think. But also you don’t need that much light when you’re doing 2mph up hill.

DickBarton

I do 2mph downhill and don’t need much light either – dawn arrives before I may it to the bottom of the trails I ride (and locally, none are more than about 500 metres!)! 😀

tlr
    Free Member

Very impressive.

I’m sure him and his chums know more than me, but it struck me that his bike didn’t look overly suitable for going up hill – very short stem and relatively long fork.

Worked for him though!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Makes my below-par efforts today up Cut Gate seem very pathetic indeed!

Did you get up it clean? :-)

It’s on my list if I ever get some fitness back.

I think CG dabless ( from the north obvs) would be an excellent challenge.

hardtailonly

@thegeneralist … this isn’t the place to glory in my CG inadequacies! Let’s just say I was riding particularly poorly yesterday!

Get that gnadge thread started and us mortals can compare notes snd hopes.

el_boufador

I’m sure CG from South dabless is do able.

At my absolute fittest I got to within about 100m of the top, just once.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

At my absolute fittest I got to within about 100m of the top,

Jesus. Serious respect.
    I only just got round the hairpin

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.