Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • rone

What can I say? I’m way more excited by this than Star Wars, by far.

Infinity War really raised the game with what you can do with a superhero movie and a blockbuster at the same time.

Just re-watching Infinity War now. It’s got a lot to live up to!

Russo brothers are excellent directors, and have increased their depth with each film.

Embargo on reviews lifted tomorrow.

Going Friday but out Thursday I believe with some back to back Infinity War showings.

leegee

I’ve just checked the times and I’m going straight to the cinema after work Thursday. 45 hours and counting!

slackalice
    Free Member

Plumped for Saturday early evening tickets here and will be avoiding the internet with words like “endgame” until then from tomorrow 😃

Very excited.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cdoc
    Free Member

Caher

Gonna wait until the melee dies down and will mosey in to my local imax one afternoon.

Cougar

Pretty much my thoughts. I’m very much looking forward to it though.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just rewatching Infinity Wars here too – looking forward to a night out with my wife and Endgame 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Got my IMAX ticket booked for Friday morning…. so bloody excited!

hols2
    Free Member

Taking the offspring on Saturday. Wanted to see it quick so I don’t have to keep avoiding spoilers.

nickc

Friday evening. 3 hours though!! That’s a lot of avenging

kimbers
    DezB
    Free Member

Booked with Jr for Saturday eve. Packed cinema! This one’s gonna make $$$Billions$$$

A RSS feed I have linked on my homepage has a right ol’ spoiler on it! Says it’s “really silly”* .. well, yeah, it’s Marvel ya git.

(*that’s not the spoiler)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Do I need to watch Cap’n Marvel first?

hols2
    Free Member

You have to watch every single Marvel movie or you won’t understand everything. If you start now, you should be finished by Friday.

PrinceJohn

Have to wait til Sunday 🙁

Cougar

Do I need to watch Cap’n Marvel first?

Probably not. You should though, it’s a decent film.

DezB
    Free Member

You have to watch every single Marvel movie

I hadn’t seen Dr Strange and it was on telly the other day, so I sat down to catch up..
    Yeah, still haven’t seen Dr Strange (except for the first 20 mins). Utter garbage 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yeah, still haven’t seen Dr Strange (except for the first 20 mins). Utter garbage

A full 20 minutes?

Glad to see you gave it a chance then.

hols2
    Free Member

Just get a child to watch them all then explain them to you. Much more entertaining.

fettlin

Booked for Friday afternoon, canny wait!

Still missing a few though, haven’t seen Thor: Ragnorok, Cap’n Marvel or Winter Soldier but hey ho, it’ll be amazin anyway!

DezB
    Free Member

Glad to see you gave it a chance then.

Probably a bit more than 20 minutes.. but it definitely got worse as it went on 🙂

haven’t seen Thor: Ragnorok

One of the best ones, I reckon.

mogrim

Yeah, still haven’t seen Dr Strange (except for the first 20 mins). Utter garbage

Think I skipped the first 20 minutes until he started doing magic n stuff. Then the special effects and the fights were quite entertaining and I don’t ask for much more from a Marvel film tbh.

rone

As a primer/refresher – we did Civil War / GOTG2 / Thor: Ragnarok / Infinity War.

You could add in Dr Strange / Ant-Man / Spiderman: Homecoming / Captain Marvel / Black Panther if you want the origins. However Captain Marvel and Black Panther whilst both contain interesting elements are very average films.

The top four get the plot to where it needs to be in my mind.

I do get a bit confused about Wanda and Vision though, can’t remember much about them.

Infinity War has just come down in price on VOD/Buy. It was sat at £14.00 for a while. £9.99 on HD with bonus shite.

TiRed

22 films and 18bn box office. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_films

No superheros and no children’s book adaptations is my rule. A tortured Peter Parker might be my exception.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I had my doubts when I saw it at the cinema. Didn’t know if the humour ruined the action or vice versa. Saw it on BluRay and have since stuck right up there with Captain America, the first Avengers and Civil War.

PrinceJohn

No superheros and no children’s book adaptations is my rule. A tortured Peter Parker might be my exception.

Your rule to not watch entertaining films?

DezB
    Free Member

No superheros

No Deadpool? No Incredibles?

Most of the Marvels I wouldn’t have watched if I hadn’t had a son who wanted to go, but I really would’ve missed out! (and Guardians of the Galaxy!)

zilog6128

THE best one, by a long way IMO! Great story, rather than just people/monsters punching each other (although there is a lot of that 😃)

kcr
    Free Member

Why do people with high technology and superpowers rely so much on thumping things as their primary means of attack and defence?

pondo

Jeez – didn’t even know Captain Marvel was out!

hols2
    Free Member

Why do people with high technology and superpowers rely so much on thumping things as their primary means of attack and defence?

Why are people with time-travel ever taken by surprise?

BoardinBob

Friday 11am showing for me

Most excited

cleetonator

Thursday 4.15pm. Only 26 more hours of spoiler avoidance needed.

zilog6128

is it even possible to “spoil” a superhero movie? There will be much punching, the baddies will get the upper hand, then the good guys will win. No-one will die (permanently). (Actually one might die this time, as the actor wants out!!)

DezB
    Free Member

Why do people question the validity of superhero film plots? Even I don’t do that!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty well known who is out and so pretty certain to die? Not going to say what I have read because a) that would be pretty dickish and b) may be wrong anyway.

johndoh
    Free Member

then the good guys will win

They didn’t in Infinity Wars…

stevie750

then the good guys will win

They didn’t in Infinity Wars…

It’s always good to know the ending of a film I haven’t seen 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s always good to know the ending of a film I haven’t seen

I hope you’ve seen Titanic otherwise I have terrible news….

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s always good to know the ending of a film I haven’t seen

Sorry, I assumed anyone with an active interest would have seen it by now.

Have you seen The Usual Suspects? You’ll never guess who did it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is closed to new replies.