Home Forums Bike Forum Autotrail Expedition 68

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Autotrail Expedition 68
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience of the. Expedition 68? It looks like everything me and my Mrs need for some cycling holidays in the UK and Europe. But being long and narrow I wonder if there are any negatives room wise and with driving it compared to a standard motor home.  I really like the garage for bikes and the fixed bed and all the other standard bits make it pretty much self contained. Is the 140bhp 2.2d a decent engine for pulling a 3500kg van? Apparently it is at the budget end of camper vans and does have some weak points, plastic coated cardboard heat ducting and flimsy pipe work exposed under the van have been mentioned in some yt vids. I’m 6’1″ so I’m not expecting the bed to be a good fit either. Any thoughts?

ElShalimo

Autotrail build quality isn’t great in that model range –  it’s at the lower end of Autotrail range. Normally they are okay but the fit and finish of the expedition ones isn’t great

mrhoppy

We had a bespoke one made for about that off a new base van, ours sleeps and travels 3 and has garage space for 3 bikes and 3 paddle boards in a 6m body. Not massively impressed with that one.

richardkennerley

I’ve just been reading this thread on the t6 forum which is about the auto trail, goes into some detail so might be useful. No idea why I was reading it, no intention of getting one! Just another rabbit hole!!

Anyway, you might find some useful info

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/life-after-a-t6-camper.52748/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.