Home Forums Chat Forum Attachment for Park Pump (or others) for pumping up footballs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Attachment for Park Pump (or others) for pumping up footballs
  • donkeysled

I have several decent pumps for bikes Park/Topeak etc.
    I don’t want to have to buy a dedicated football pump.
    Can I buy needles and an adapter to fit on my existing pumps?
    I am not a footballing person and the dedicated ones are £10 or thereabouts but look cheap and might break after first use
    Thanks in advance

jimdubleyou

Yes you can buy needles.

You might have to visit sports direct though…

Or give some money to the man…
    http:// http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIXES-Needle-Adaptor-Inflating-Footballs/dp/B008U959B8

perchypanther
    Free Member

I use my track pump to pump up the kids footballs. You’ll need to buy a needle valve for about a quid.

They’ll only attach to Schrader pump heads though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Giant track pumps (mine at least) come with a rugby ball* needle and inflatable toy adaptor in the handle. Tidy set up!

* None of those round balls here! 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

We used to blow a mitre delta up with a standard bicycle pump and no needle, a bit of spit on the end (ooer) to help it seal, hold it down tight over the valve and it’ll force air over the valve.

donkeysled

Will the standard needle valves just plug into the Schrader of the Park etc?
    The ones I have looked at have screw fixing for the old fashioned pumps with the detachable nozzle.
    I don’t mind paying £10 for adapters to fit my existing pumps,

willyboy
    Free Member

The screw bit will fit fine in a standard schrader track pump head. The rubber just grips around the thread (like on a normal valve).

donkeysled

Ok thanks everyone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Attachment for Park Pump (or others) for pumping up footballs’ is closed to new replies.