Home Forums Bike Forum Ard Rock 2019

Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • Ard Rock 2019
  • MartynS

Sounds very, very expensive to end up pitched right by your car with no cooking really allowed,and the honour of crapping in a disgusting, overflowing portaloo.

we did Ard rock a few years back. I wouldn’t bother again.

Its got to big for itself..

bgascoyne
    Free Member

That’s bloody sneaky of them. Was that info there when the tickets went on sale? If you are on your own (there are plenty of people on their own) then 3 nights camping has gone from £15 to £45, that’s just ridiculous especially when there is no where to wash dishes and a few taps in a field. And what if you met a mate there and stay in one tent. Do you need to pay for an extra car now? They clearly have not thought things through. I think this will be my last year at AR.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Hope they don’t do the same for Ard Moors 😔 (goes off to check website).

darrenspink
    Free Member

Seems they are..

*Camping is £10 per person per night payable on entry. This fee includes use of the showers

Reasonable just hope the showers work this time.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Sounds crap. I’d just stay at a local campsite. There’s a lovely one about 1-2 miles away in the direction of stage 1. Event village sounds like hell on earth. I’m sure it mostly sound peeps and MTB frat brothers but there’s bound to be more than a couple of enduro bro b_llends there. Ugh

bigwill
    Free Member

On there website it says family camping is £15 per night. Does that mean riders without family attending are free?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sounds crap. I’d just stay at a local campsite. There’s a lovely one about 1-2 miles away in the direction of stage 1. Event village sounds like hell on earth. I’m sure it mostly sound peeps and MTB frat brothers but there’s bound to be more than a couple of enduro bro b_llends there. Ugh

It’s actually pretty amazing, great atmosphere, loads of bikes to look at, and some fun events like the pump track challenge to watch. All the people I’ve met over the years there are really nice and the kids seem to enjoy it too.
    As long as the weather’s kind it’s a brilliant weekend.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Where’s this info coming from?

Festival Info

is labelled as 2019 and it says camping is £15 per pitch (1 car, up to 2 adults and 3 children). The way i’m reading it is that covers the weekend. I thought the camping facilities were pretty shitty last year. There wasn’t even a tap in the field we were in – that’s *minimum* requirement. If they actually are charging £15 a night then the facilities need to be a hell of a lot better.

I can understand them charging for ‘festival’ entry – unlike most bike races it’s a proper event and last year, due to the good weather, there were a lot of non-competitors and it was horribly overcrowded. When we were out riding we met the organiser frantically trying to negotiate extra fields for camping as everything they had booked was already full. Getting a drink or food was a nightmare – we ended up walking up the hill to a pub.

“Strictly no open fires, no BBQ’s and no naked flames”. Fair enough, these are farmers fields
    “NO SPIRITS ARE ALLOWED ON SITE”. really? what’s that about?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Helping the gin bar, stopping people just getting hammered on BYO instead of going to the bar etc.

is labelled as 2019 and it says camping is £15 per pitch (1 car, up to 2 adults and 3 children).

Or that will be £15 if you are on your own,

I can understand them charging for ‘festival’ entry – unlike most bike races it’s a proper event and last year, due to the good weather, there were a lot of non-competitors and it was horribly overcrowded. Getting a drink or food was a nightmare – we ended up walking up the hill to a pub.

That ain’t selling it as a £32 ticket for camping and entry.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The link on the previous page took you through to a booking page for the camping previously which has now changed / not for sale.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

from back up the thread

This first year I took part it was £5 flat rate. Year after it was £5 per person per night

if that’s the case there are a load of people for whom £15 a pitch is going to be cheaper as well.

We stayed three nights last year. I don’t remember how much it was but if the above is right it cost us £30. This year it’s £15. Great news – thanks’ Ard Rock!

If you’re by yourself and you fly in, stay one night, do your race and leave then yes, it looks like it’s more expensive but I’m guessing they have to rent all the fields for the full weekend so the flat fee reflects how they have to pay for the space.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The link previously indicated it was £16 per tent / van per night for up to 2 adults + children, the booking page was ‘live’ so to speak with drop downs for arrival night and number of nights and if you added Friday to Monday AM it was £48.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Simon – looking at this thread there can’t be many people for whom the camping will be cheaper with the new pricing…
    Last year at £5pppn it was £30 for me and my partner, this year the same duration is costing £64 with her entry to the event village.

jaylittle
    Free Member

I wonder if they are reviewing prices as it now says tickets go on sale Tuesday… website also says discount for booking .multiple nights which wasn’t the case before.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Tickets now back on sale at a lower price and also discount for single occupancy pitches and booking multiple nights. They are also allowing people that live within a certain distance free wrist bands to the event village.

https://www.gigantic.com/ard-rock-tickets/yorkshire-dl11-6aw/2019-08-02-09-00-50937

jaylittle
    Free Member

If you have already paid for your camping drop the guys at Ard Rock an email and they will arrange a refund of the difference now that prices have been amended.

info@ardrockenduro.co.uk

deadkenny
    Free Member

“You must book camping in advance as space is limited, especially in the family camping area.”

Hmm, family/”quiet” camping last year had loads of space, but each pitch was spaced out a lot, so technically it was full. Got chucked into the overflow (spare field, not mowed) with virtually no one in it. I like a bit of quiet but this was a bit too quiet and remote being a long way from the main area.

Anyway, problem I can see is being stricter on numbers and advanced booking getting sold out. Previous years they likely kept squeezing people in as they arrived.

“Strictly no open fires, no BBQ’s and no naked flames”. Fair enough, these are farmers fields

These are the family camping rules if it’s anything like last year. The camping info page quotes these rules but they apply to the family camping area as the owner of that field is more strict (they did patrol to check on BBQs also. A small camping stove with cut off isn’t a problem though).

andybrad

the spirits thing will be glass bottles i bet

jimdubleyou

I think Mr Claypole is banned.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

No glass makes a lot of sense camping on farmer’s fields but should be no glass of any sort (wine bottles, beer bottles).

The camping is expensive now. The facilities will need to be a lot better than they were last year for that price.

andybrad

your not kidding. although im worried that it says bring your own drinking water. I mean come on thats poor isnt it

andybrad

the email says you can put 2 tents on a single pitch so long as there is only one car. Parkings free

so if you can carry your stuff in your sorted ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds like they’re mibbe encouraging people to car share?

duncancallum

Thurs to sunday 28quid….

Not bad at under a tenner per night singke occupancy

If I had a mate with me 45 quid which is one tent and one van it’s still not daft.

It’s not cheap but it’s not the dearest thing in the world.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s a brilliant weekends riding, compared to other events, I’d still pay the money to go if I could.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Good News….

Just had an email regarding another change to the pricing structure. The wristband for non riders that were to be bought to enter the event village have now scrapped and the pricing is to be $6 per person per night. This seems much more reasonable and its nice to see the good people at Ard Rock have listened to the people that have made the event what it is today!

Bad News….

I need to wait for my second refund and book camping for a 3rd time! Can’t grumble at that though really!

dienamic

Except it’s nearly doubled in cost if you’ve planned to go 4 up…

bigfoot
    Free Member

still a fairer way of doing it though, everyone pays the same wether your on your own or in a group.
    there’s uasually a few of us but as we sleep in our vans we would of still had to pay per pitch.

Viewing 28 posts - 161 through 188 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock 2019’ is closed to new replies.