Home Forums Bike Forum Ard Rock 2019

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 188 total)
  • Ard Rock 2019
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Prices a bit crazy now, and why is Enduro and Sport different when they are the same stages?

And usual moan about rip off booking fees. Guidelines for ticketing is that you should be able to get them face value, but would mean going direct rather than via ticketing companies, which probably means turning up to an office somewhere to get them. I don’t see that as an option (not that I’m going all the way up there just to do that :D ).

But anyway :P , not sure what to go for. “Full Enduro” will be near impossible to get without half a dozen PCs hammering the site, and having done the Sport this year I don’t feel I need to go with the main event as I’m just in it for the taking part and fun. Or a shorter option this time. Not sure.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Prices aren’t crazy IMO.

Someone at work paid 93 quid today for a ticket to see Pink in concert. How much is a ticket for Stamford bridge or white Hart lane? And you’re GUARANTEED entertainment at ard rock, can’t say that about Pink or the footie.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Was talking to 2 lads this year and for the whole cost ‘food, fuel (from bristol), entry, camping etc” it was still cheaper than their usual entry to a music festival, I l9ve to moan about ard rock and will always find a grumble but I’ll still try enter as long as prices as a whole are reasonable!

richardkennerley

I will hopefully pay £63 to ride the sport, but that also means that me and my family can hang around the event village. They can be entertained whilst I ride and the riding itself is unlike any of the riding I get to do at any other time. That along with the general atmosphere means I’m more than happy to pay what they charge, well worth it imo. Plus we make it part of a longer holiday so it’s a win win for me.

jonnyseven

If you have not already realised Ard Rock does not sell out at 6.30 or whenever tickets go live. Everyone (a limited number) that gets on at that time get 20 mins to buy up to 6 tickets so it locks the system until they have made the purchases they want to. 20 mins later all the tickets left are up for grabs, and same again 20 mins later. It’s only normally the enduro that sells out really fast, people grab sprint tickets as an alternative but with a bit of patience they could have got on the full enduro. Worked this one out a couple of years ago getting a ticket after the initial rush.

jaylittle
    Free Member

The 20 minute time allowance has now dropped to 15, definitely worth bearing in mind if you don’t bag tickets at 6.30

darrenspink
    Free Member

Good luck to anyone trying to put 6 peoples details down in 15 minutes.

Jordan

Wow! That sold out pretty quick didn’t it. It can’t have been more than 5 secs after they went on sale that I tried to get a tic for the enduro and it said unable to allocate. Managed to grab one for the intro though. So, pretty happy. Hope they don’t start me too early, I drank far too much on the sat night this year. Mebe have to control myself this time.

fooman

Intro tickets back @ 6:53, the others sporadically reappearing. First time I’ve seen marathon all reserved this early.

kiksy
    Free Member

Our group nabbed at least 16 ,only needed 6 so more released soon. Imagine quite a few people did the same.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi

me and my two mates are in for the sport.

First time!!!

Looking forward to  it

Cheers

Steve

acidchunks

Good luck to anyone trying to put 6 peoples details down in 15 minutes.

Thanks but I didn’t need luck, i had a spreadsheet .

Entries went live at 06:29:20 ish, bit cheeky!

astormatt
    Free Member

Managed to get tickets for the Marathon and Sport, same events i did this year.

scc999

Got 3 sport entries with no drama. 632 ish and finished by 640 so entering 6 peoples detils would have been fine in 15 mins IMO.

Hope the folks on here that didn’t get tickets at 630 checked back at 645 , 7am etc and managed to nab some.

Si

jaylittle
    Free Member

We don’t event attempt to get tickets for the 7 stage events, 5 of us on the intro so happy with that. Lots of unhappy people on facebook!

russyh
    Free Member

Well that was a fairly horrendous experience! Up at 5:30, laptop sorted, brew and iPhone next to me with clock showing actual time – refresh at 6:30 on the nose…click full enduro tickets x4 get message saying reduce ticket number…then bang by about 6:30:35 fully gone, same as sport, tried again at 6:45 same thing crappy message finally got us in for the sport at about 6:50! Gutted we couldn’t get into the main event as last time we did the sport by the time you arrived back the village was half packed up and you felt like a third class citizen.  But super chuffed to get it!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

At 06.31 Enduro was showing sold out and wouldn’t let me allocate any tickets for the Sport.

Went back around 6.50 and got Sport tickets no problem.

So now we have all of Fri/Sat to drink, plan race strategy, drink, discuss line choices and drink.

I’m a bit disappointed to now be classed as a Veteran though.

compass81

15 min time limit was ridiculous

kiksy
    Free Member

As above, we used a spreadsheet. Copy and pasting 6 people takes less than 5 mins.

Bigmantrials

Managed to get tickets for the Intro, refreshed just before 6.30 to find it all live so got a good start. Been wanting to go to Ard Rock for a few years now but something else always came up, happy to finally be heading up and riding it.

FFJA
    Free Member

Ticket in basket, all details filled out, website crashes taking payment, everything sold out. Great system. Not. 🤬

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Laptop had a sad but managed to get four Sport Tickets using my phone. Not ideal but managed to enter everyone’s details with 8mins to spare, that includes panic transcribing folks details from WhatsApp and emails! 😂 Don’t know what you lot are all complaining about, loads of time 15mins, especially when the panic adrenaline kicks in 🤣

Everyone’s name is probably spelt wrong mind you… 😂

scaled
    Free Member

my wife is the emergency contact for everyone in our group :D

kiksy
    Free Member

Everyone’s name is probably spelt wrong mind you…

Yeah we’ve got some interesting bike names.

timbog160
    Free Member

Me and the boy are in for the Sprint yay !!👏👏👏

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Being able to enter 6 people is ridiculous. At least they’ve took it down from 8 tbf.

It’s the only thing about AR entry that ever bothered me, should be 1 person 1 entry. If yer mates can’t get out of bed, bugger them.

This is the first year I haven’t entered, hope it’s as awesome as ever.

enigmas
    Free Member

Yup, tickets definitely came on around 10 seconds early, only one of the five of us going in my group managed to get through to the tickets page for the full enduro.

yoshimi

Logged on at 6:29 and picked 2 up – although the wife (who is very new to MTB) messed up slightly and is doing the Sprint rather than the Intro

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Everyone’s name is probably spelt wrong mind you…

Yeah we’ve got some interesting bike names.

That bit was easy Santa Cruz ctrl+c, Ctrl+v x 4.

Now to all arrive in our VW transporters. Cliched or what! 🤣

andybrad

in for the sprint.

will be there drinking beer :)

fooman

Lots of unhappy people on facebook!

That’s not because of Ard Rock though.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Reserve list for me since people got too greedy and ordered more than they needed

bgascoyne
    Free Member

Managed to get 2x Sat Enduro tickets. I honestly don’t know how all the tickets go in ten seconds. I was refreshing constantly from 6:29 and missed out on first round. It wasn’t 15 mins when they were released either. It was about 17 mins. I sat there refreshing from 6:43 hoping…then I got lucky! :-) All good in the end! Hope the sun shines like this year.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Three tickets sorted for the sport at 6.30 am  no real drama  as has been the case for the last 4 years ..

Truth be told unless you are part of the cooperate side or a marshal from previous events or friend of organiser or top 5 finisher  you have balls all chance of getting a place in the main event .. I know one marshal secured his tickets ! Sunday for the main event … stinks a bit don’t it

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

got my 5 sunday sport tickets no problem, didnt attempt the saturday enduro,

a couple of mates got in too as back up, and kept place until all done, Im glad i stuck them on a sheet and copied from my ipad, under 5 mins to spare

ps. cant see the marathon selling out, i’d be tempted to do it on the saturday on an XC bike but a bit too much at £58 to ride on regular bridleways, spoke to a few dissapointed peeps who expected some of the ard rock stages included last year..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

whens boltby and ardmoors on sale :0)

jaylittle
    Free Member

30th Nov for Boltby

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

thanks JLittle, i’m hoping it stays the same size although i’m told ardrock are on board this year.

fathomer

Managed to get a Saturday ticket, happened to refresh just before 9.30 and they where live. I’ll be solo so getting one ticket is easier I guess.

ready

Really?  Ardrock are overseeing Boltby next year?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock 2019’ is closed to new replies.