Home Forums Bike Forum Ard Rock 2019

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 188 total)
  • Ard Rock 2019
  • jaylittle
    Free Member

Love it or hate it rumour says that tickets go on sale 31st October at 6.30am although this has not yet been confirmed. The event itself will take place Fri 2nd Aug – Sun 4th Aug.

scaled
    Free Member

I head it was 06:29:34 and sold out by 0630 :P

jaylittle
    Free Member

Your probably right!

wesutf1
    Free Member

It’s on their website, you’re correct, 0630 on the 31st.

andybrad

i reckon by 6:35 it will be sold out.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

5 posts and not one moan about the price of tickets and how the organisers have the audacity to try make a profit off the event. This place has changed.

andybrad

hopefully they will have more beer this year

spawnofyorkshire

Of course everyone will read the T’s&C’s regarding transfer of entry and late cancellation before they purchase

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Daft point can anyone remember which day and stages the sport and intro covered?

jaylittle
    Free Member

Sunday, think the intro did 4,5,6,7 and the sport covers all stages.

Kahurangi

not one moan about the price of tickets

I’ll cost, £90 to race, £10 parking, £10 camping per person per night, and they won’t have even cleared all the sheep poo off the course.  It will however lave a smile on your face and you’ll resolve to do it next year until they raise the price again.

That better? :-p

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bargin.

scuttler

hopefully they will have more beer this year

Aye. Anyone who hosts an event that can’t sell beer fast enough is nuts. Plenty of people there who will buy cans of decent craft beer which are infinitely easier to dispense. I will be insuring myself against queuing for beer though…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

sport covers all stages

Doh. That’s not the one i meant, the other one that’s not full length, sprint was it?

I quite fancy a Saturday ride and beer but realised a few years ago actual “racing” isn’t for me so thought the short one might be worth a bash.

DrP

No mention of ticket cost on the website..unless I’m missing it??!!

DrP

martinhutch

No mention of ticket cost on the website..unless I’m missing it??!!

They are waiting until you are already in a button-jabbing frenzy at 6.30am to drop that little surprise on you.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Doh. That’s not the one i meant, the other one that’s not full length, sprint was it?

The sprint ran on the Saturday and was stages 1,2,3.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Perfic ta

DrP

They are waiting until you are already in a button-jabbing frenzy at 6.30am to drop that little surprise on you.

I’m warming up my clicky-finger as we speak………. ;)

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m warming up my clicky-finger as we speak………. 😉

DrP

I always wondered what the P stood for and of all the things i guessed Procotolgist wasn’t one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So is it get up early or nothing or would somebody suggest a ballot like most popular events go for….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

a ballot like most popular events go for

Which “most” would that be then?

Be honest though, it’s a business, the people who do go generally enjoy it, some who loose out are bitter but most take a ce la vie approach and try again next year. So long as the tickets sell and it’s not boycotted en masse there is no reason at all for them to want to make ticketing any more complicated than first come first served.

russyh
    Free Member

We are planning on going back next year!  Was planning on main event after the sport event felt like 3rd class citizens on the Sunday in 2017.  But suspect it will be difficult to get in so probably Sunday again.  Ha ha

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So long as the tickets sell and it’s not boycotted en masse there is no reason at all for them to want to make ticketing any more complicated than first come first served.

Drops the load on your website, lets you do group entry as an all or nothing, gets you the same amount of cash in etc. etc.

By most I mean most of the oversubbed events I’ve done recently from EWS to sporting tickets and small gigs. All seem to be simple and easily delivered. Tempted but would rather probably head up as a group rather than solo

darrenspink
    Free Member

Blimey, comes around fast. £85 I reckon for the saturday enduro 😪

postierich
    Free Member

Wondering how last years Marshals get to claim their guaranteed tickets for next year?

Does anyone know

Rich

marksnook
    Free Member

I would like to ride again if I can get tickets. Not sure I’m bothered about anything other than the full enduro. Wouldn’t they be better offering a Saturday and a Sunday full race if land owners etc were onboard

Up early on the 31st then!

beano68
    Free Member

Reference the Marshall duties, we get an email about 24hrs before they go on general sale as you get a priority entry

njd187
    Free Member

Sunday’s Sport race is the full race it’s meant to just be non competitive. They do tape some of the drops off sometimes and there is a lot more traffic to deal with.Prefered the Saturday version.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

looking forward to the stress on the 31st october then..

likely do sunday again, seems a little easier to get on board.

hopefully we can find a decent ride out on the friday, as the last 2 fridays the routes have been poor..

greencroft
    Free Member

I will have my 2 teenage sons with me so it will be the Sprint for the 3 of us on Sat as that is the only option for 15-17 year olds.  I am contemplating doing the Intro by myself on the Sunday which will mean I will have done all the stages over 2 days.  It is long enough ago now for me to forget how tired I was by Sat evening this year.

MadBillMcMad

The weather forecast is shocking.

I’m not going to bother.

andybrad

good point itll be rubbish at that time of year. not worth the hassle of getting up at 8:30!!!

jaylittle
    Free Member

Prices of events went out in today’s email. Don’t think there’s been a huge increase.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Thinking of entering the marathon, it says the course is different from the enduro so im guessing it wont be as technical. I only have a 100mm travel XC bike, has anybody ridden the marathon? How techy is it? I have no problem with the elevation gain or distance but dont want to be underbiked on the descents… cheers

stevedoc
    Free Member

Tickets for the Saturday £75 and the sport £62

Chances of getting a ticket for the Saturday ..next to now as they are almost all taken up with corporate and marshalls and friends and family , marshall get their chance to book in advance of the main heard !

Ive been for the past three years ,this year i will give it a miss as the Sport has parts taped off and I have to say from experience that some riders have more balls than ability when it comes to the Ardrock.

Not being pissy over it, I just intend to book a hostel in the Lakes do two day riding and get a few beers and pub dinners and come home smiling with money left in my pocket.

BUT ! saying that i might have a stab at the Ardmoors for a change :)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is that really the case regarding the proper enduro regarding ticket allocation, if so that’s shit!!!

jonnyyeti
    Free Member

I am going to try and get a ticket for the marathon did the enduro in 2015 scared the sh$t out of myself had a good weekend but wouldn’t do that again way above my ability. Also saw some questionable behaviour with people riding over other riders..

fooman

Marshalls and top 5 finishers are offered 1 ticket (still have to pay) supposed to be for them only, and realistically how many marshalls will option it? Most I know don’t want to ride it and will marshall again next year. Maybe overstating the take up of pre entries…

wrightyson
    Free Member

I first rode there 4 years ago loved it did it the next year, back then people were in way over their heads. It’s techy it’s rocky, and at times fast. Fortune favours the brave on some of the chutes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 188 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock 2019’ is closed to new replies.