Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone tried a SunRace RDM900 mech?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone tried a SunRace RDM900 mech?
  • cookeaa

So I’d missed this one previously:
    A 9 speed (old Shimano “2:1” cable pull) mech that can apparently cover a 50t sprocket, has a clutch and will work with old fashioned shifters, that’s my kind of mech…

I’m potentially fancying one for my Gravel bike (uses a 10 speed road thumbie) but I can’t seem to find them anywhere for less than ~£45 ish and that’s feels like fair bit to drop on a SunRace Mech if it turns out to be bobbins.

So has anyone tried one before? are they any good?

cookeaa

Nope?

tenburner

I used one of their other derailleurs for a bit in an 11 speed setup – the design seems similar. Shifting was pretty good with new cables and when it was clean but it dealt terribly with any mud and grit, specifically the small guide wheel that the cable runs over. Was just a nightmare in the end having to take it all apart, clean in there and then new cable inner all the time.

cookeaa

specifically the small guide wheel that the cable runs over. Was just a nightmare in the end having to take it all apart, clean in there and then new cable inner all the time.

That’s certainly worth knowing, as it’s got that same little cable pulley.
    It’s a shame as it looks like an almost ideal solution to my somewhat niche drivetrain needs but I don’t fancy the asking price Vs a potential maintenance headache.

Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.