Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone spotted any bread flour or plain flour for sale?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Anyone spotted any bread flour or plain flour for sale?
  • madeupname
    Free Member

IVe not read the whole thread but…
    Shipton Mill supply flour

They have limited delivery slots but if you check the website and enter email when it’s open, you get a slot to buy.

1kg fresh yeast, 25kg wholemeal and 16kg white strong flour arrived today’s. that’ll keep us in bread/pizza for a while…

They may also have 00 and chapatti flour along with other stuff

Happy baking!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Picked up some more breadflour in sainos.

Shall I start the bidding at £5?

winston
    Free Member

Just picked up another 8kg of strong white and 3kg of wholemeal from my local bakery.

Murray

Just bought 16 kg of bread flour from Amazon for £18, should be delivered on Monday

ElShalimo

More soda bread, 400g wholemeal and 100g plain mix. Tastes like my Granny’s so I’m very happy

frogstomp

Just bought 16 kg of bread flour from Amazon for £18, should be delivered on Monday

Thanks for the heads up.. ordered bags of SWBF and Pizza flour on Thursday and they’ve turned up this morning. The Amazon store has all sorts of flour and general bulk catering products.

jimdubleyou

If you’re in SW london, the Good Knife will deliver 25kg sacks to you

https://www.smore.com/4xrw7?fbclid=IwAR3KcQOtz7_3NUlyEhHBLpSvZ19b2ZsVdfdB7fWCME3Zrhnft5JbjCro8f8

maccruiskeen

This thread came to mind whilst reading this article :-)

In the Brothers Grimm’s “Cherry,” an old king with three sons cannot decide who of the three should inherit the kingdom, and so he gives his sons three trials: the first, that they should seek “cloth so fine” the king can draw it through his golden ring. The second, that they find a dog small enough to fit inside a walnut shell. And the third, to bring home the “fairest lady” in all the land. In the Grimms’ “The Six Servants” a prince will win his princess if he brings back a ring the old queen has dropped into the red sea, devour three hundred oxen (“skin and bones, hair and horns”), drink three hundred barrels of wine, and keep his arms around the princess all night without falling asleep. And in “Rumpelstiltskin,” if the poor miller’s daughter spins larger and larger rooms full of straw into gold she will become queen. If not, she will die. Fairy tales are riddled with tasks like these. Some contenders cheat, and some were never worthy, and some take the dreary, barren road, and some take the smooth, shady one, and some are helped by birds, and some are helped by giants, and some by witches, and some by luck.

I call my mother. “I can’t find bread flour or yeast anywhere.” “**** the bread,” says my mother. “The bread is over.”

welshfarmer

double post due to weird 404 Gateway error!

welshfarmer

I see my local Morrisons has stated selling the 16kg bags of flour, and also they have started to fill their own window bags, that you normally buy pies, pasties and sausage rolls from the counter in, with 1 kg of flour of various sorts. Aldi still have no flour of any kind

johndoh
    Free Member

I managed to get some strong white bread flour from Waitrose last week although they didn’t much of anything so I was a bit lucky I think.

chestrockwell

Skipton Morrisons had normal bags of plain and bread flour back in stock yesterday.

Hohum
    Free Member

Asda in Livingston had 1kg window bags of plain flour in yesterday evening (similar to the kind that welshfarmer mentions above).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lidl have loads of SWB flour locally, 55p for a 1.5Kg bag.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Now I have [two!] 16kg bags of bread flour I’m not sure I could go back to small bags – especially as I’ve discovered that 00 flour really isn’t needed for pizza!

Kamakazie

Still got to be lucky to find anything in the shops, but for those not wanting to buy 10kg+ bags, try zero waste shops.

There’s one in Cardiff (Whitchurch Rd) that has a variety of flour inc. 00 as well as lots of other dry products like seeds, lentils etc.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Hope Chest Deli next to 18 Bikes have all sorts of flour.

(and a secret stash of yeasts, but mum’s the word)

CheesybeanZ

Morrisons had bread flour today, white and wholemeal.

dc1988

I decided a couple of 16kg bags was easier than hoping the supermarkets would have flour, now I don’t need to worry about making bread whenever I want. Now not so sure my stand mixer will last to the end of the bag of flour…

trail_rat
    Free Member

especially as I’ve discovered that 00 flour really isn’t needed for pizza!

I used to make tasty pizza topped bread too. There’s a very different texture to the base with 00 though……bruneep put me right on that one. The first bag was free …..now he has me hooked on the 00 the cost is through the roof ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘Anyone spotted any bread flour or plain flour for sale?’ is closed to new replies.