Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone recommend a double glazing company in Leeds/West Yorkshire?
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I need to replace a few glazing units (frames are good) and wondered if anyone had a recommendation?

Thanks

woody2000

Relatively easy to DIY if you’re only replacing the glass. Pop the plastic off, old unit out then new one in. Might need some glazing tape iirc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

SafeStyle UK*

*Don’t use SafeStyle UK

nealglover
    Free Member

I can sort it out for you no problem, depending on location.

Email me at nealglover@gmail.com

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Cheers Neal, I’ll mail you next week; is it possible to retrofit trickle vents?

lucy2486
    Free Member

Steer clear of Coral Windows. Agreed a price on the Tuesday with the branch manager of £13700 after a bit of negotiation and her having several trips to ‘speak to the director’, rep due to come on the Thursday to sign order/contract.
    Wednesday received a phone call from the above manager to say couldn’t do the job for the AGREED price anymore, requoted at £19100!!!!
    Is this anyway to treat a customer or demonstrate good business practice?
    The whole experiance has left a sour taste in my mouth.

donsimon
    Free Member

£13700
    😯

£19100!!!!

Crag
    Free Member

These guys are pretty good.

http://www.dlwindowsystems.co.uk/index.htm

Or if you’re just after the glass units try here

http://www.dlglass.co.uk/

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve used Safestyle once (windows at front of house), St Helen’s Glass once (for the conservatory) and Coral twice (once for windows for remainder of house, once to quote for a PVCu door) since we moved here (Baildon) in 1998.

TBH the product is as good from all three as each other; the salesman for Safestyle saw us coming, price was ok but the finance deal was silly.
    Coral were fine both times.
    St Helens were great for the conservatory but different salesman for the door was dreadful.
    However, compared to the salesman from Northern Trade Windows of Pudsey, he was fantastic. The NTW salesman ticked all the boxes on the “bad double glazing salesman” ticksheet and then turned it over & ticked them again from the other side

We ended up simply repainting the existing hardwood door, which I had fitted myself the year we moved in. Two coats of undercoat & two of white glass are a LOT cheaper than a PVCu door

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone recommend a double glazing company in Leeds/West Yorkshire?’ is closed to new replies.