Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone have a Ridgeback Ramble?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone have a Ridgeback Ramble?
  • sbtouring
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m thinking of buying a Ridgeback Ramble. Has anyone got one and if so what are they like?

I would like a steel frame road bike, with disc brakes and clearance for 32mm tyres and mudguards, to be used for some long road rides (130miles plus) and a bit of light weight touring. I have only found one review of it, and I’m a little put off that it only has a standard quick release front axle, but apart from that it seems to fit my requirements.
    Cheers

enrico
    Free Member

Hi! I bought a Ramble in September and I am pretty happy with it. It’s the 2017 model, in blue color. The bike is elegant, sturdy, with a comfortable riding position, a bit upright. I’ve used it for a 5-days bikepacking trip across Tuscany and some other rides both on tarmac and gravel. It comes with challenge strada bianca 700x33c tyres, excellent on tarmac and good enough on fire roads and light gravel, but not appropriate on muddy terrain. The frame has room for up to 700x38c or 650x47c tyres. The Sora group surprised me with its precision and the TRP brakes are effective. Only thing I don’t like is the saddle, too narrow for me, I’ll replace it. I can recommend it to you, I think it’s perfect for the intended use. Bye!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have only found one review of it, and I’m a little put off that it only has a standard quick release front axle

What precisely is the issue with a qr front?

sbtouring
    Free Member

Not an issue as such, but I would rather have a thru axle than a standard qr. I just think they are more secure.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

OP have a look at the new Genesis Fugio if you haven’t yet? Looks like it could right up your spec street…

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/adventure/adventure/fugio

MoreCashThanDash

I’m sure thru axles are better but I’ve never had a problem with 9mm QR in 25 years.

The Ramble is on my future commuter short list.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone have a Ridgeback Ramble?’ is closed to new replies.