Home Forums Chat Forum anyone else love a motorbike project

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • anyone else love a motorbike project
    bobbyspangles
    Free Member

had this sat for a while but after a night’s charge she’s fitted up beautifully.

1995 fzr600r foxeye in cocktail

sounds great

need to get some fresh fluids in and fresh rubber, then it’ll be out for a spin.

anyone else got an mc project rolling along?

20240129_150534

tjagain

I have just taken my BSA to Srm for a full engine rebuild.  With all new internals.  Expensive but i want to thrash the spuds of it😎🙄😇🤣

nickyx

I have a cherry red 2005 cagiva raptor waiting for spring weather…

bobbyspangles
    Free Member

sweet.

What’s the Bsa?

any pics of the raptor? love their nose cones

Paradiso
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1964 Ducati Elite bought in bits.  The parts were collected over many years by an old boy, but it’s gonna be a long job.

onewheelgood

Guzzi5

This is in my garage, hasn’t run since about 2010. I’m hoping this will be the year I get it back on the road.

jonm81

I’ve got a Dnepr K750 project on hold since some douchebag invaded Ukraine making getting parts quite difficult.

It’s also taken a back seat to putting a V8 in my MGBGT.

Hopefully I can get it finished sometime this decade.

Paradiso
    Free Member

Nice Guzzi.  Is it  MK2?  I had a Mk3 over 20 years ago.  I’ve got a V11 Le Mans Tenni at the moment.

onewheelgood

Yes it’s a Le Mans II.

zippykona

Please put a square headlight on the lemon!

onewheelgood

Please put a square headlight on the lemon!

It’s quite nice to be able to see where I’m going. Also LMII fairings are a bit thin on the ground.

kilo

I like the twin headlamp fairing, shades of old endurance racers.

mildred

IMG_0867IMG_0868IMG_0869IMG_0870IMG_0871I do love a bike project & fairly desperate to take on another. Here’s my last project, bought as a box of bits from a bloke in middlesborough.

My project before this was a BSA C15t built into a B40 frame with a few frame mods. Just gorgeous.

mildred

I quite fancy a cafe racer or street scrambler. I love some of the Boxer conversions but feel like they’ve been done to death (I’m not 100% whether I care).

Merak

I’d really like another bike. Maybe an old carbed KTM 990 or an early Africa Twin..

This was my Dommie which I should never have sold. Only 20k on the clock!

This was my Tenere which I should never have sold. Only 5k on the clock!

And my Transalp, 24k on the clock.. Should have kept them all.😔

bobbyspangles
    Free Member

those big enduro bikes are sick. had a tdr250 which i pretended was a dominator 🤣

tjagain

The BSA is very much a bitsa :-) Its on its 3rd frame, second set of crankcases.  A7 engine number, 650 internals, High comp pistons, high lift cam, alloy head so super rocket spec.  CB750 forks to get decent damping and 3″ over stock length  18″ rims

Its gonna get some lovely shiny new billet conrods ( the original alloy ones are now 60 years old a fatigue is a reality)  Billet high output oil pump, 240 w alternator ( no more joe lucas prince of darkness) , Billet clutch if the budget goes that far.  New carb, flowed head with new seats.  should be the dizzy heights of 45ish BHP maybe even 50 but also should be able to be thrashed.  The bill is gonna be many thousands

Lots of stainless already, 2ls front hub from a trident.  I’ve owned it 40 years but its been laid up the last 20.  Its been to Moscow, Nordkapp, France several times and been run full throttle from southern Germany to Manchester  ( steady 100+ mph)where the oil tank split from vibration.  Ive done well over 50 000 miles on it

Its a mild chop trim now – its been in loads of different setups from full police avonaire dolphin fairing and reinforced subframe with hard panniers to dirt tracker and now mild chop

I’m looking forward to riding it again this coming summer

She is called Bessie and has a brass elephant as a mascot (not in those pics but it goes on the headlamp shell)
    bsa 2 by TandemJeremy[/url], on Flickr

bsa 1JPG by TandemJeremy[/url], on Flickr

tjagain

Earlier spec

20240130_230217

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2008 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 that is kind of a project but also just my bike now.

I bought it unregistered, no history and without a roadworthy certificate (MOT equivalent) for half the market value. Being unregistered I couldn’t really ride it apart from to take it for the roadworthy so took it over to the shop to get them to check it over. On the way it was obvious that the clutch was slipping, forks were leaking and when I got there I went to restart it to move it into the workshop and the battery was flat! The guys did a great job getting it up to scratch, new clutch, fork rebuild, new rec/reg, new battery, it’s not in total cost it’s market value but I know everything major has been done so it should have plenty of life ahead of it. Armed with the roadworthy certificate I got it registered, I got issued the plate “2Z 8UF” so apparently I’m now “too buff” according to the friends I ride with.

Since then I’ve added clear indicators to the mirrors which was a trauma trying to find orange bulbs that fit, had to go with LED which then ended up having to change the flasher, I broke the little bracket that holds the glass in place while removing it (the bike originally came from Queensland and I think all that sunshine has made everything brittle), a whole new wing mirror was rediculously expensive and there’s pretty much no triumphs at breakers here so I designed and 3D printed a replacement. I also found a R&G tail tidy on ebay over here which tidied the back end up. Considering a rear hugger now if something cheap comes up.

It rides beautifully, I’ve had 4 pots, v-twins, parallel twin, boxer but never had a triple and I’m loving it! It handles beautifully, just need to find that elusive time to actually ride it!

alanl
    Free Member

I have a cherry red 2005 cagiva raptor

I’ve recently bought a Cagiva River, 600cc road bike from 2000. Bought locally for £850, it just needs a bit of tidying to make it decent. I’ve also got a Royal Enfield Crusader,250cc single, from 1962, in boxes in my storage unit. Trouble is, I’m building a house this summer, so have little time to put that one together, so it’ll be next year before I do that one.

https://bikez.com/gallery/cagiva_river_600_1996_poster.php?pictno=1

and this is what the Enfield should look like when done:

https://jtwmotors.co.uk/photos/11216/988e4098-30a1-da8f-6893-e6d4c142b68e_infinity.jpg

mugsys_m8
    Free Member

I have 2. The Tenéré has not been on the road for 2 years..and that was just 30km to find out it needed the carb sorting out…which has turned into a real good clean up, some re-wiring, new inlets etc. before that it was off the road for about 5 years with a stripped thread on the oil filter cover on the magnesium clutch cover…now sorted. Just need to unwarp the airbox and re-fit. It has 25 000 km on the clock and is very clean. Not sure how original it’s history is….It does have a stripped grub screw on the rocker box which holds the decompressor valve in. It’s chemical metalled in so works fine and doesn’t leak…it’s an engine out job to sort it: so in reality it will be at engine rebuild time…the carb float valve seat has been broken sometime and repaired by a previous owner. Needs a rear spoke replacing and the alternator coils probably replacing as it doesn’t fully charge. Might actually have to do the spoke as it will now need a Controle Technique/ MOT….up to this year motorbikes never needed a MOT in France.

The Mz is one of the last German built 2 strokes before Kanuni bought the rights and built them in Turkey. It’s all stripped down with all cycle parts re-plated or powder coated etc. and the silencer re-chromed. Got a 300 head and barrel for it.  Been off the road for over 20 years. It was my first bike on passing my test.  Maybe I’ll finish building the wheels this year…

20190318_123345IMG_20170601_160710_99720160618_143750IMG_20220507_092636

intheborders
    Free Member

The 1050ST above, I had a 2010 1050GT  after my Tiger 1050 – basically the ST with 3-4″ extra wheelbase and the exhaust in the ‘usual’ place.

One of the best bikes I ever had, bought as a commuter for a contract I took on – did 20,000 mile in just under a year.

Nothing could beat it off the line at the lights, plenty of sun-day sports bikes tried, but the extra length gave it so much traction and kept the front end down.  Also averaged nearly 60 mpg for the time I had it, even though I had a fast commute (45 miles in 55 mins of fast Buckinghamshire roads then M40/M25/M4).

sharkbait
    Free Member

She is called Bessie and has a brass elephant as a mascot (not in those pics but it goes on the headlamp shell)

TJ…. that is marvellous!

blokeuptheroad

I’ve got a 2008 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 that is kind of a project but also just my bike now.

I had a 2005 one for 15 years, superb bike.  I chopped it in for another Triumph Triple, a Tiger 900 GT Pro 3 years ago.  It lived alongside a BSA A65 Thunderbolt for a few years.  I stripped that down in an ambitious attempt at a nut and bolt restoration. My enthusiasm outstripped my talent! I sold it as an unfinished project, though thankfully for significantly more than I paid for it.

bsasprint2sprint

Dickyboy

PXL_20231022_142716175No projects as such, apart from missing the practicality of my GS & trying to make this slightly more practical instead 🤔

TheFlyingOx

PXL_20220818_123814237.PORTRAIT(1)

I got this beaut for an absolute steal a couple of years ago due to what the advert described as “occasional rough running”. One new ignition coil later and it was perfect. First job was fitting a UK headlight assembly to get through its MOT, then stuck Racefit exhaust on (holy shit it’s loud) and since then had a few outings as a track bike. Now needing a new clutch and general minor fettling to get back in tip top condition, and I’ll look at putting a steering damper on it while it’s out of action.

anagallis_arvensis

Never ending project!

bobbyspangles
    Free Member

always loved the huge size of those hondas

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.