Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone done Rebellion way bike packing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone done Rebellion way bike packing?
  • rockbus

Planning on doing rebellion way in Norfolk over Easter. Will be my first bike packing trip!
    Might be pushing it but plan to do in 3 days.

If anyone has done it would welcome some tips and in particular any wild camping suggestions around the 110 and 220k mark.

MoreCashThanDash

If you get no joy here there might be more on the Cycling UK website/forum, as they were involved in the route and have been promoting it quite a bit

Straightliner

There also a Facebook group that is reasonably active. However the route was only announced in autumn last year so it hasn’t been ridden as much as other routes (yet). Much of it sounds reasonably road/hard pack trail but there will be some more off-road sections through Thetford for example.

stevious

More detail than you could possibly imagine in this talk from this year’s Cycle Touring Festival:

toby1

Probably goes without saying, but driving through and staying in Norfolk at the moment and it’s apparent you will want some waterproof shoes, possibly a canoe!

rockbus

Probably goes without saying, but driving through and staying in Norfolk at the moment and it’s apparent you will want some waterproof shoes, possibly a canoe

really hoping it will dry up a bit over this week!

rockbus

Well I did it! Must admit my lack of preparation made it a very tough ride. Probably not helped by doing c85 miles day one and therefore managed Norwich to Aylsham in 2.5 days.
    The wild camping was fine as plenty of spots but seemed to have to go ages between food stops so should’ve planned that better.
    Also, as someone warned me, Norfolk isn’t quit as flat as I thought!

Perhaps should’ve taken it easier on my first trip as nearly put me off the whole thing…thankfully weather was good

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.