Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone bought one of those ZTTO dropper levers off eBay?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Anyone bought one of those ZTTO dropper levers off eBay?
  • Max…
    Free Member

*Looks* pretty good for the £15 asking and a step up from the Brand X lever without the Wolftooth price tag. Anyone using one?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392269260028

mattbee

Bought one for the Mrs’ bike. It’s definitely nicer than the Brand X one I have so I have bought another one.

No play, smooth action and no silly barrel nut.

junglistjut
    Free Member

Nice find

twowheels
    Free Member

Is that eBay seller ZTTO direct/is it an official ZTTO outlet?

I bought the ZTTO SLR2 cassette via AliExpress. I haven’t used it yet but the delivery was super quick, it’s the claimed weight (~360g for 11-46), and the machining on the big cogs looks decent. A guy from ZTTO is active on MTBR forums, which swayed my decision.

I don’t have a dropper but will be interested in experiences (and I’ll post in a few weeks about the cassette).

johnw1984
    Free Member

That looks exactly like my Wolf Tooth! Could have saved quite a bit…

Max…
    Free Member

There are loads of listings for them on eBay – varying prices from about £14. Just search ‘ztto dropper lever’. The Wolftooth ones look way overpriced in comparison? Not sure if they are one and the same and it’s the usual story of the Chinese wholesaler selling direct…

Kamakazie

Anyone compare these to the Bontrager lever that’s the usual budget upgrade?

Max…
    Free Member

Well, took the plunge – waiting on our Hong Kong friends now…

spawnofyorkshire

Will watch this with interest. I’ve the newer Brand-X lever which feels nice enough and I prefer to the Bonty one (which i destroyed with my knee). The BX is fiddly to set up and can be a bit temperamental on tension with my post

rockhopper70

I’ve ordered one too, to go with a fox transfer, potentially.

The fox lever that came with the bike feels incredibly flimsy and I’d have been miffed to have paid the £60odd for one.

If the ZTTO is no better, I have two kids bike with brand x droppers that might be upgraded with it.

duncancallum

Looks good.

I rated the bonty one too be fair though that looks nicer

junglistjut
    Free Member

I’ve ordered one. If it’s any good, the One Up dropper becomes very affordable.

Max…
    Free Member

The seller in HK is having that Friday feeling right now…

“6 sold in 24 hours”

Poopscoop

Nice find but I can’t justify getting rid of the Bonty one as it perfectly fine.

I’d give that one a go if I were upgrading the standard lever now though.👍

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Ordered, Ta 👍

Max…
    Free Member

Arrived today. Cannot complain, light, smooth, nice machined look and as ‘trick’as you could want for £15.

wishiwascalledsteve

A strange one, ordered one and wasn’t expecting too much really.
    Received a necklace from the seller last week with a letter saying there was a delay and the lever would be with me within another week. I assumed it would not appear and as they had a record of delivery I would not get a refund.
    Left it a week and just as was going to email the seller the postie delivered the lever.
    Lever looks good and well built, I have a wolf tooth on another dropper and they appear as good as each other…. I also have a hideous necklace as a bonus!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Just ordered one. Looks far superior to the one I have fitted. Thanks.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Oddly I was looking at these earlier. Might take the plunge now.

akira

Looked at these on eBay and presumed they’d be dreadful. Bought a wolf tooth, hoping for ball of flame horror stories to show I didntt waste my money
    😉

mattbee

Unfortunately not. Easy to install, much less flex than the Brand X one, smooth trigger action and I suppose that’s it really.

Max…
    Free Member

Looked at these on eBay and presumed they’d be dreadful. Bought a wolf tooth, hoping for ball of flame horror stories to show I didntt waste my money

Are they one and the same (Chinese production line) but different logo? Nit sure unless someone has both to compare.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Just ordered one to replace my Tranz X vertical action lever.

junglistjut
    Free Member

Got my one yesterday, much better than I expected.

twowheels
    Free Member

Has anyone seem similar style lockout levers for the (older?) pull-to-unlock Reba’s with longer cable pull (17mm I think)?

Oh, I’ve done about 100km on the 360g 11-46 SLR2 cassette now with no issues.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Received mine yesterday and fitted it today. Very good quality for the price.

I reckon Keith Bontrager may need to review his comment about “light, strong, cheap” because it’s well-made, hardly a lump of lead and is far cheaper than the eerily similar Wolftooth Dropper Lever.

phil5556

I’ve just ordered one to my brand X lever.

andyg1966

Got both the Wolftooth and the ZTT one and they are identical in quality in my opinion. Rode my new one for a long weekend including BPW, no issues whatsoever with the Brand-x seatpost

ZTT On Orange Five

rockhopper70

Mine arrived and fitted. Two rides in and I’m staggered that I even contemplated spending £60 on a replacement lever* when this is so good, for so little (comparatively) money.

*the tiny grub screw that clamps the cable in the official fox transfer lever, well the part the Allen key goes in, is made of soft cheese it turns out.

jeff

Now showing out of stock :(

rockhopper70

I think AliExpress still have them.

darksideby182

They are still on eBay you just need to search for them.

sam_underhill

The main lever looks good on mine (not yet fitted so can’t comment on how well it works). Only negative it’s that the barrel adjuster looks cheap with a clip holding it in place rather than a sprung slider on other vastly more expensive options.
    On balance, it’s still brilliant value for money, very nearly as good as the wife’s wolftooth lever.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Ordered one 3 weeks ago. So far I’ve received a plastic necklace with a letter of apology for delay due to oos. Very strange

mashr

Weird, I ordered one last week and already have it

bentudder

Only negative it’s that the barrel adjuster looks cheap with a clip holding it in place rather than a sprung slider on other vastly more expensive options.

Hey Sam – mine arrived like that as well. Well, the first one arrived without one at all and I used one from an old rear mech instead. The other two I ordered from a different merchant arrived with a clip thing, and the barrel adjuster loose in the bag rather than screwed into the lever. The clip seems to be to hold the adjuster, screw and spring together on the lattter two levers. Pull the clip off – there may be a fully functioning spring under there.

That said, the screw part itself has too shallow a recess for the cable outer, which makes the outer wobble about when you push the lever. I really hate this, but it’s an easy enough fix if you have a friendly LBS happy to trade doughnuts or beer for a parts bin rummage.

mashr

I’ve just checked mine. The clip is just there to hold it together in transit. It’s just a normal barrel adjuster once it’s off

nixie

At that price it’s worth having one sat in the spares box!

mashr

Despite the fact that mine arrived when I expected it, today I got an apology and a 16” tall silver letter “U” as compensation for it being out of stock 😂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought one of those ZTTO dropper levers off eBay?’ is closed to new replies.