Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone bought from Victoria Plum, or any walkin shower experience?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone bought from Victoria Plum, or any walkin shower experience?
  • bearnecessities

Seems lots of good reviews etc, but a bit nervous about not only buying something I can’t ‘see’, but isn’t actually going to be erected for a few months.

Seems a bargain to me, but I’m ignorant.
    http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Shower-Enclosures/Walk-in-Showers-and-Wetrooms/V8-Minimalist-Walk-in-Recess-Shower-Pack-1400-x-900_531.html

choppersquad
    Free Member

We bought our bathroom and cloakroom cabinets, taps, sinks and shower fittings all from Victoria Plumb. A couple of the things had faults but were replaced without question. The cabinets are kind of IKEA quality and all the shower fixings and taps look really good for the money.
    Overall really pleased.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Up, bought a cistern and thermostatic bath tap.

Both v cheap and working fine and quality not a concern.

prawny

When we had our bathroom refitted last year our plumber recommend getting our gear from anywhere other than Victoria Plumb, so obviously I have no experience of the stuff but he said it’s horrible to fit.

Cheap though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Similar to above, we sourced our own stuff for our bathroom refit but were warned off Victoria plumb.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

My experience of the bathroom suite I bought was that the bath was good quality, the wc, taps and fittings less so.

imnotamused
    Free Member

I’ve bought from them before and they are fine.

Personally I would strongly recommend a stone tray over an acrylic one. They just feel solid and not flexy. You can get really shallow ones.

We also decided on a large shower enclosure with a sliding door instead of a walk in where the actual shower space is small like in that pic. Very pleased we did as having plenty of space in the shower is great.

BlobOnAStick

Yeah, we used Victoria Plumb and it’s all fitted and functioning, however the quality is a little suspect. Examples:
    the corners of the bath dip away slightly, creating puddles against the wall.
    The sides of the toilet basin aren’t straight, and one of the cisterns the glazing stops short, meaning I had to use a bit of silicon to cover the raw finish
    Our ‘square’ wash basin is a wobbly mess.

I think if you’re going to use VP I would open and inspect the delivery very closely as soon as possible. I left it too late to really have a close look at what we’d bought.

Bunnyhop

I work from home and the delivery man from VP said I wasn’t there when they tried to deliver huge double glass shower front (I certainly was). Next attempt they were very rude to me when delivering the item. We then found pieces missing. 3rd delivery came with the correct fixtures and fittings but also a lazy Susan – very strange.

So, I wouldn’t use them again, for the shoddy items and rude delivery men.

nbt

to add to the above, we bought a 1200 showetr tray and matchning sliding door. the roller hinges on the sliding door lasted about 18 months and I was unable to fund replacements from anywhere else – local shops, B&Q, no-one could help. had to get the replacements from VP but they charged through the nose for parts, plus postage on top.

stumpy01

??

LenHankie

Hmm, just bought about £600 worth of taps, shower and bath from them this week. Saved about £300 in their ‘sale’. It won’t be delivered for a while, so I can’t comment on quality yet, but all the online reviews for the individual items seemed very positive. We’ll see!

Bunnyhop

Can you just fit a plain glass partition (I’ve seen them on interior design shows)? Easy to clean too.

bearnecessities

Thanks, a mixed bag there. Would much prefer to use a local company, but bathroom/kitchen/window companies all seem to be, well, suspect so far!

Nice tip on the stone tray thank you and interesting point about full enclosure, I just find the walkin appealing, as it will be fully tiled and is next best thing to the nightmare installation/cost of a wet room.

bentudder

We’re having an extension done at the moment, and ordered a screen and stone shower tray from VP.

The delivery guys were numpties, and dropped the tray on its corner, smashing the foam protection away and scuffing it. A quick call to VP, and a replacement was sent out with profuse apologies. The courier dropped this one too, but didn’t scuff it, thankfully.
    It’s gone in fine, and the whole thing is pretty close to being finished. First impressions positive.

jamesy01
    Free Member

My plumbers advice…
    “If your going to live with it, spend the extra money…if your going to sell it on use Victoria Plumb”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought from Victoria Plum, or any walkin shower experience?’ is closed to new replies.