Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone based in Leamington/Warwick/Kenilworth area?
  • rockbus

This may seem a bit of a sad lonely hearts post.. (50 year old man seeking people with an interest in gravel, road, mtb, bikepacking) but given my previous post about not getting out there enough (Not getting out there and wasting time instead – Singletrack World Magazine)

Just wondered if there was any people on here from Leamington/Warwick area who might be interested in meeting up for rides. Perhaps locally to start with but I’m also hoping to do some bikepacking once spring/summer arrives.

Just thought I’d take a risk and put it out there?!?

robola

I had hoped to see you get some responses to this as I have considered a similar post in the past.

I’m 6 hours away (East Fife) so a bit far to go!

Anyway, good luck finding some riding buddies.

Edit: maybe try putting it in cycling forum not general chat as I think some people filter on that.

BigJohn

I’m surprised Kayak23 hasn’t piped up yet. Maybe it’s the caching issue.

onewheelgood

@rockbus, I’m in Warwick and happy to meet up for a ride sometime. I’ve sent you a Facebook message.

Autoelec
    Free Member

Godiva trailriders is a Coventry based club. Weekly Wednesday rides, http://www.godivatrailriders.org/index.shtml

nre
    Free Member

@rockbus I’m in Warwick, similar age to you with both MTB and gravel bikes. Ride regularly both on my own and with mates, very happy to meet up for a ride!

kayak23

I’m surprised Kayak23 hasn’t piped up yet. Maybe it’s the caching issue.

It’s more a self-employed, working so much I don’t get to ride that regularly issue at the moment. 😐

branes

https://www.rlscyclingclub.com/ (or here https://www.facebook.com/groups/rlsxc) do loads on MTB – I’ve been out a few times on their Wed or Thu rides – plenty out and they know every nook and cranny of the area. Let’s be honest, the area isn’t blessed with the greatest trail network (although roll on Newbold Comyn!) but they make the best of it. Beers afterwards etc, and the odd awayday.

kayak23

Let’s be honest, the area isn’t blessed with the greatest trail network

Lies. They call it Royal Leamington Squa-mish. 😉

bails

And don’t forget the Kenilworth Greenway

rOcKeTdOg

i tried a few times to start a before work meet up as some cafes open at 0730 in warwick as a way to meet local riders and arrange rides and get to know people before going on rides but no one ever turned up, i put it down to it being me 🙂

branes

And don’t forget the Kenilworth Greenway

True – the Greenway has been transformed into an off road mud mecca since the HS2 re-vamp.

rsl1
    Free Member

RLSCC has an unbelievably strong turnout for weekly rides considering how flat it is around there. They’re a great club, but I’ve moved to hillier country

rsl1
    Free Member

I was visiting today though and took a walk around Newbold, wow it looks great, but I kind of see why the dog walkers were worried… It’s much more Leeds urban bike park than parkwood springs, which is what I imagined from the plans

rockbus

Thanks for the replies….more of us than I’d have thought given the area.

Maybe we could get a little group set up on WhatsApp or something so if anyone is out and wouldn’t mind me or someone else joining them we could do that?

Given forum isn’t great for notifications I’ll send a few PMs

Having spent another weekend where I should’ve gone out on a bike of some sort (mainly due to laziness and the excuse of it being cold) I could really do with some help getting out

robola<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> – East Fife is a bit far for a meet up but definitely worth putting a post out there (especially given the rides around Scotland). I’m planning the nc500 one day so maybe I’ll pop in to see you then!</span>

MicArms

Hiya peeps,
    also in the same boat as the o.p. Used to be over in Bromsgrove but now over in Coventry. So looking for similar routes / riding buddies..

Cheers Mick

rOcKeTdOg

* waves at Mick * have you still got my handjob? 🤣

rockbus

Hopefully sent messages to all who have responded (but forum is a bit flakey so let me know if not received!)

be great if could have some local rides organised. But in meantime if anyone is going out and wouldn’t mind some company then give me a shout.

MicArms

hiya Gary
    sorry mate, the handjob I paid for is just a fleeting memory now!!

mboy
    Free Member

Godiva trailriders is a Coventry based club. Weekly Wednesday rides, http://www.godivatrailriders.org/index.shtml

Glad to hear they’re still active… When I lived in Cov 15yrs ago, bumped into them one Wednesday evening by chance, and that was my Wednesday evenings taken care of for the remainder of my stay in Cov… Great bunch of guys, and was always quite surprising what they could actually put together ride wise with so little to actually work with!

Hiya peeps,
    also in the same boat as the o.p. Used to be over in Bromsgrove but now over in Coventry. So looking for similar routes / riding buddies..

Get involved above mate… 👍🏻

rOcKeTdOg

Thanks for the message, I don’t think the “I can’t do early mornings” is the attitude to have if you’re trying to get others to put all the work in for you with rides and routes though 🤷‍♂️

trek77
    Free Member

Same Boat. Also just moved to Warwick/Leamington, lack of MTB a bit painful. Although ride to work is ok.
    Would be up for any rides/meetups. Let me know…

submarined
    Free Member

A smidgr further south, but there’s a regular Wednesday night ride over in Snitterfield. As above though, not loads of stuff around here, winter is mostly bridleways tbh. All the best bits are gradually getting closed off as well 🙁

rockbus

>trek77 welcome to Warwickshire!Have sent you a message will be great to join you on a ride

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.