Home Forums Bike Forum Any Brecon Beacons routes…?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Brecon Beacons routes…?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

I quite fancy a trip to the BBs on Sunday as the weather is due to be decent (so far at least). Thing is, I always tend to do the same route, a loop from Talybont and through the Gap (about 22 miles) and quite fancy trying something new in the area. Does anyone have any suggestions for really nice routes (gps if possible) around the BBs? Something sub-25 miles is probably about what I can cope with in that terrain at the moment. Cheers!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Anyone? Bueller?

krag
    Free Member

If the gaps your thing the Sarn Helen ride is pretty similar. Have you thought about the black mountains? Reasonably close and some epic riding.

There's a few routes on mtb-wales if you've not seen em already:
    http://www.mtb-wales.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Subjects&file=index&req=listpages&subid=12

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers Krag I'll take a look

krag
    Free Member

Should've said, ask on the forum there, there'll probably be soming going for a ride you could join.

Ambrose

Ground is still very soggy at the moment- so rocky trails like Sarn Helen and The Gap are running faster than the grassier routes. Black Mtns will be pretty wet still I'd bet, although I'm at the other end of BBNP so I can't say for sure. Lots to do around Ystradfellte.

Email me for some mmo or gpx routes.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers, YGM Ambrose.

saxabar
    Free Member

Just got back from a three day trip around Talgarth and the Black Mountains region. The highlight has to be the Y Dâs descent on the Grwyne Fawr Reservoir loop (ridden in reverse). I don't think I've ridden anything like it in the UK. Think of The Gap> x3 in gnarl factor> and lengthen to half to three quarters of a K. Sweet! Having done Brecon regularly it was good to head over to the other side although as suggested above, it'd be tough and boggy-going after rain. After the last few weeks though it's bone dry. If you can get a couple of days away and are happy using OS maps I thoroughly recommend. If you can get a guide from here, even better! Top weekend.

T1000
    Free Member

saxbar most of the magazines post the route the wrong way around….. have a look at mtbbritain feature called black mountains blast…

+ don't forget to do the descent to Fordlas Fawr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Brecon Beacons routes…?’ is closed to new replies.