Home Forums Chat Forum Adaptive cruise control issue

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Adaptive cruise control issue
  • footflaps

unless you don’t clean the lens

We’ve never had to clean the one on our Kia Ce’ed. The car occasionally gets washed when it’s really dirty in winter.

Drac

So you clean the lens.

oomidamon

I had a Cupra Formentor which I rejected because it kept slamming the brakes on. ACC would read the traffic sign but then think it was in kmh, so it would read 70mph and think ‘ooh, you need to be doing 43mph’. Not fun but according to DVLA the ACC is a driver aid so this doesn’t need any investigation.

molgrips
    Free Member

I always thought ACC sounded pretty cool, was looking forward to one day driving/buying a car with it.

I’m not so sure now!

It is properly brilliant provided you don’t get a bugged VAG system. It’s top of my list of essential features. I’d retrofit it to the Merc if it weren’t about £2k of work. Especially in queues!

jimw
    Free Member

Works perfectly on my Mk 7.5 VW Golf, although it’s not quite as sophisticated as on the Mk8 (no speed limit sign recognition for example)
    It really is a stress reducer on long sections in a stream of traffic. Up the A9 between Perth and Inverness for example.

oikeith

ACC works fine in my VW Passat B8, I mean it is annoying it wont undertake middle lane hoggers doing 65MPH but quickly turning it off and on again lets me do that or not do that and go around them…

Tallpaul
    Free Member

For reference, VAG did release a software update in December which (appears to) address the ACC issues on all but the earliest built cars. The hardware on those is different and the fix is still to be released.

molgrips
    Free Member

Presumably you need the dealer for that…?

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a dealer only update.

ta11pau1

ACC is a must have for me, makes motorway stuff just effortless and, in particular combined with active lane keeping it lets you pay more attention to what cars around you are doing by not having to constantly adjust speed or make tiny steering adjustments to keep in your lane.

The systems on automatic cars will bring you down to a complete stop too, fantastic in slow moving traffic jams. My car has speed sign recognition but unfortunately doesn’t adjust the cars speed based on it, would be great if it did.

Makes 6hrs of motorway driving seem like nothing.

The undertaking thing really isn’t a big deal, and if there’s a line of 3 or 4 cars you need to go past, one tap of the accelerator pedal is enough to go past all of them.

desperatebicycle

Who is the tallest Paul?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Adaptive cruise control issue’ is closed to new replies.