Home Forums Bike Forum A shambolic week with Sierra Cycling

• This topic has 482 replies, 219 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 483 total)
  • A shambolic week with Sierra Cycling
  • JonR
    Free Member

Hi Yunki, Alan a friend of yours is he?

JonR
    Free Member

Because that is the same response that Alan gave to Mr MC, a direct implication that he was slating his firm to get one up for a friend

Stoner
    Free Member

*reaches into the STW hole and pulls Jon’s post out*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What if it was this;

you had a bad frame..

You gave minimal feedback to the manufacturer before deciding to go public with your grievances straight to the heart of the company’s client base amongst a notoriously self-righteous forum without even giving the bloke a chance to explain himself..

See? They’re selling a product. That product has been slated in a review.

yunki
    Free Member

JonR – ‘never argue with an idiot’ is the clause I’m bringing into play here

CFH – if a frame was unfit for purpose I would contact the manufacturer..
    If ALL their frames were always unfit for purpose I would consider damning them publicly..

was the holiday fit for purpose..?
    who knows..?

Alan and Mr MC I guess

ciao..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oooh look! A flounce!

geoffj

This is excellent – perfect revision material

For a masterclass discussion on this sort of thing, HBR has a good offering

http://hbr.org/2010/12/reputation-warfare/ar/1

mcboo
    Free Member

I’ve met Alan a couple of times, pleasant enough, I think with him you get what you pay for.

Oh and Fuengorola can be a hoot if you don’t (as I did first time down there) die of embarrasment at all the fat Brits on tour.

As my mate from Essex put it – “Theyre awl farkin’ Norvern!”

The ride down from the Radio tower above Mijas is tremendous. You dont need uplift.

neninja
    Free Member

Yunki – I think you’re comments are very unfair to the OP.

He paid money for an holiday that did not meet his expectations or the description of what would be offered. He has every right to warn others of his experience and did so in a balanced and considered manner.

If he’d bought a bike, frame or component and it had not lived up to it’s claims, I very much doubt you’d take issue with him letting forum users know. This is no different apart from the fact that S.C. is run by an individual who frequents the forum. Yes, it’s more personal but the OP has every right to tell others.

The OP also stated several times that he had raised issues with SC whilst in Spain. Given Alan’s somewhat lacklustre response on here, do you really think the OP would have got a different result by complaining to S.C. again once home when you consider that his complaints whilst in Spain seem to have gone unheard?

yunki
    Free Member

He has every right to warn others of his experience

I don’t agree..
    that’s my only point

The OP also stated several times that he had raised issues with SC whilst in Spain

that’s not what I read here

I’ve read through the entire thread and commented on it from my point of view..
    I’m not about to get drawn into commenting on this point and that point.. I’m not some sort of media pundit FFS

for you to think that I may have missed something valuable is disrespectful

So enough already..

JonR
    Free Member

JonR – ‘never argue with an idiot’ is the clause I’m bringing into play here

CFH – if a frame was unfit for purpose I would contact the manufacturer..
    If ALL their frames were always unfit for purpose I would consider damning them..

was the holiday fit for purpose..?
    who knows..?

Alan and Mr MC I guess

ciao..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

that’s my only point

It’s a very poor point.

chakaping

reaches into the STW hole

Is that waht they call it nowadays?

yunki
    Free Member

It’s a very poor point.

in your extraordinary opinion.. but well enough made for the purposes of this thread..

I look forward to offending your sensibilities with other points that differ from your personal perspective in the future..
    but now I must go and wash some dishes..

llama

I agree with Yunki

OP: I understand you intended to write a review, however I feel it reads like a complaint. If I have a complaint with something I contact the company directly as soon as possible. I think that it is not the same as if you were to post a positive review and I feel it is unbalanced without a prior right to reply from SC.

yunki
    Free Member

llama – exactly.. thankyou

uplink
    Free Member

I think it’s time this was made a poll

Did Mr Munge do the right thing in posting his review of SC?

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. I’ll ask someone else
    4. I didn’t realise Santa Cruz were that bad
    5. Does anyone know a good dive guide?

DaRC_L

If I have a complaint with something I contact the company directly as soon as possible.

Flippin’ americanisation of british culture that is….

Anyway without this thread we’d never have got Kiwidave’s excellent post 8)

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll ask someone else I think..

Sancho
    Free Member

Did they have a bad holiday?

chakaping

A few points…

1. If the OP’s complaints were about the service he had experienced in a bike shop then I’m sure there would be less criticism of him for “whingeing” about it. There seems to be a taboo about saying bad things about MTB holiday companies on public forums, perhaps because people feel churlish if they do so – even if they have had a crap holiday – becuase they have spent time in the host’s home, want to be friends with them or perhaps because they fear being shouted down by loyal customers.

2. I’ve only been on a couple of organised bike holidays, and both have been really enjoyable in spite of a few minor irritations. It sounds like the OP had many more irritations and felt prompted to share them – which I am grateful for.

3. STW is hardly a “baying mob”. If anything the default response on here is to tell anybody with a complaint to MTFU and to take the opposite side. Which suggests there is merit to the OP’s complaints.

4. Yes the compamny involved is more than one person’s livelihood, but a better initial response could have shut this thread down. Instead it was petrol on the flames really.

5. I really don’t like the word “legend” in it’s current geezer-ish usage, but Kiwidave IS a legend.

yunki
    Free Member

Kiwidave IS a legend

+1 for that

sheffield43
    Free Member

I feel it reads like a complaint

It was a complaint wasn’t it? It was on a forum the SC guy uses himself so he had a right to reply which he used. We can read the complaint and his response and the testimonials added by satified customers and the comments of a previous SC guide and make our own minds up? That’s the power of the web isn’t it?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Did they have a bad holiday?

yes, yes he did:(

ScottChegg
    Free Member

for you to think that I may have missed something valuable is disrespectful

…and for you to assume you haven’t is arrogant.

One thing I have learned from all this is not to go on a guided dive holiday.

yunki
    Free Member

fair enough

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Where do I book?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member
    pistonbroke
    Free Member

Do not open that link, it will generate a worm hole of despair and vitriol into which we will all descend faster than the speed of light. 😯

ssjeff
    Free Member

Hmmmm… if Alan is thinking of ducking out and selling the business then maybe I will step up to the mark and give it a bash!

Jeff…

—Adding fuel to fires and stirring the pot since Noah got his first Hammer—

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh no…I agree with yunki.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

pistonbroke, is that like if you google “google”, you break the internet?

imnotverygood

A small point of information. Is KiwiDave the same bloke as the ‘Dave’ in the OP? The reason I ask is that KD seems to have last worked for SC in 2010.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Two different Daves – KiwiDave references t’other Dave in his post.

Do try to keep up 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

I think the bit where kiwidave says ‘I don’t know Dave…’ gives it away… I might be wrong though…

ChrisL

In case some of you were wondering what some of the people involved in all of this look like, here’s kiwidave:

[/url]

And here’s Jonny:

[/url]

🙂

[Edit]Err, not that either of these guys were guiding during the holiday that triggered this whole thread!

trailmonkey

can i just point out that the OP could have bypassed all of this hassle by manning up in the first place and going to the alps instead of spain.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Trailmonkey we have done the Alps 8 out of the last 10 years we were manned up enough 😉

daznal
    Free Member

Where is kiwidave from? anybody know

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Stoke

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘A shambolic week with Sierra Cycling’ is closed to new replies.