Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • 6 Underground – Netflix
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Imagine Deadpool meets Fast&Furious with a bit of The Losers. And a sprinkling of Polar. I’m currently think it’s awesome but I will watch again to be sure.
    Don’t worry about the trailer showing you all the good bits, there are so many Similiar moments they could have used.
    Best thing for me was Mélanie Laurent who I’ve not seen since “Now You See Me”.

alanl
    Free Member

I thought you meant the Sneaker Pimps song, but I now have no idea what you are talking about.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s a fillum.

BruceWee

Huh, I remember watching the trailer and thinking, ‘that looks like generic crap with a good dose of stupidity thrown in.’

I liked the first Fast and the Furious movie and Tokyo Drift but thought all the rest were utter garbage. Too much crap CGI and attempt at story rather than just picking an off the shelf plot and relying on the soundtrack and visuals.

Maybe I should give this a go. I do like Ryan Reynolds

endomick
    Free Member

Trailer is right there dude and all over YouTube. Wake up.

woody2000

Ooh, looks good. Proper brain out, no thinking type entertainment.  Watchlist – tick. 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

Ooh, looks good. Proper brain out, no thinking type entertainment.

I watched it yesterday as I was off work, and yes it is just that! Some of the free running bits made my palms go a bit sweaty, some funny lines and lots of action that whips away at a good rate of knots. I imagine middle daughter will be watching at some point and I think I will happily sit through it again.

hot_fiat

Prefer the Visit Italy trailer.

drewd

I watched this last night and enjoyed it. If you like fast paced action with ammusing one liners it’s worth a watch.

halifaxpete

Looks good this (in a Micheal Bay fodder kinda way), I do like a big daft action film! Though someone needs a slap for Painting a Guilia that colour

carlos
    Free Member

This could be a good contender for tonight’s tv 👍

fossy

On the watch list. Was going to watch it last night but I was knackered.

timbo46
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it, well worth a watch.

crazy-legs

Imagine Deadpool meets Fast&Furious with a bit of The Losers. And a sprinkling of Polar.

I thought Polar was shit.

6 Underground, I never really got over the massive continuity errors in the first car chase where the lorry goes down the side of the green Alfa, scratches the **** out of it and wipes out the driver side wing mirror (in glorious Michael Bay slo-mo).

Next shot – one immaculate green Alfa complete with both wing mirrors sliding through the streets of Florence.

BillOddie

Watched it last night, it’s ace in a dumb fun kind of a way.

Definitely more fun than Marriage Story!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@hot_fiat yep the visit Italy trailer looks good. I hadn’t seen any of the trailers so the film was a complete surprise.

bonobo
    Free Member

Half way through it.
    It’s the most Michael Bay movie ever.

leffeboy

A slightly less camp version of the A-team?

looks like it should be a good watch anyway

RicB

Watched it this aft- meh. Very Michael Bay and it felt like I was watching the same 45min episode of a box set over and over again.

Completely agree with others who’ve spotted the magically healing Alfa in the first scene. Worse than the Porsche in Commando!

Clearly trying to set itself up for a load of sequels.

On a different note I watched the 2017 Jumanji last night and really enjoyed it. Never bothered as I assumed it be awful but thought it worked well, cringeworthy ending notwithstanding.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, seeing as you can’t cross something as great as Deadpool, with utter crap like Fast & Furious or Polar, I’ll presume this is down the moronic end of the scale and avoid.

tenfoot

Very Michael Bay. Overly choreographed / stylised action sequences and not much story.
    Still, i could watch Mélanie Laurent read War and Peace all evening so silver cloud and all that.

crazy-legs

Clearly trying to set itself up for a load of sequels.

Someone has seen the Fast & Furious franchise and gone “ooh, we’ll have some of that!”

Basically tell the same story in 7 different ways and hope each one makes a profit at the box office. Wonder how many Netflix have signed up for in advance…

Harmless enough mindless action fodder though. The usual endless stream of generic bad guy henchmen to be dispatched in gory ways, a selection of cars to write off in neatly choreographed stunts…

Tracey

Watched it tonight. Better than I was expecting.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I noticed the magical healing Alfa. Also the driver wearing a hat and then not wearing hat in the same car chase.

Take your brain out film. Worth a watch.

dai3015
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, a much better watch than Polar

doomanic

The lack of continuity in the car chase scene was annoying but overall I really enjoyed it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Does it get good at any point? 46 minutes in and i’m for turning it off..

jonnyboi

I like a Ryan Reynolds one liner as much as the next man, but this film is shite.

If I didn’t already know it was a Michael Bay film, I would know from the first upskirt shot, let alone the slow mo violence and casual killing of bystanders.

seosamh77
    Free Member

So far it’s just a never ending stream of shite patter and shooting supposed baddies that we know heehaw about.

Overly stylised pish is my verdict.

Off it goes. Boring.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

🙂 some of you are REALLY going to hate Bloodshot.

nuke

It was alright, bit of fun, few one liners that made us giggle, some gory shots that make you wince a bit… basically a serious of action sequences connected by a weak plot with a randomly jumping timeline. Can always play spot-the-product-placement too (can’t say i recall seeing a product placement message at start of a Netflix prog before)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It was all a bit glossy mag advert shots but as an occasion advertising guy I did respect the work they put into it. Anyways, has anyone heard about these Chopard watches?

On the plus side I can’t imagine anyone walking away from that with their uppermost thought being “Teal and orange again?”

devbrix
    Free Member

Really like Deadpool but waiting for this to improve past overlong glossy car chases, unfettered human carnage and a product placement-fest got to ‘I’ve already invested an hour of my life in this pants so I may as well finish it’ but now wish I hadn’t bothered lol

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So with my recommending this AND Polar I suspect nobody is eagerly waiting for my end of year review… 🙂

doomanic

Carry on, I enjoyed Polar too.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Polar was alright.

muddyground
    Free Member

Worse – woman goes to bed in black underwear, wakes up in white. Found the film a bit dull and I kept wondering off to do little chores.

darthpunk
    Free Member

took my brain out and watched it last night – still terrible. Pretty sure whoever edited it had ADHD, or expected everyone to be watching to have ADHD.

The product placement was laughable too.

Pretty sure the entire film was paid in adverts

sharkattack

I lowered my expectations accordingly and it was still garbage. Agree about the hyperactive editing. Don’t watch it if you’ve got epilepsy.

Ryan Reynolds plays himself as always. I predict in about 10 years he’ll do a Matthew McConaughey. Hide his pretty face, get a beer belly and start ‘acting’.

DezB
    Free Member

My son was round, he put it on, we watched. He went home after about 40 mins, so if he got bored…
    Did enjoy the CGI bodies flying about in bits, but that was about it. Better than Polar cos it actually had a script (of sorts).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘6 Underground – Netflix’ is closed to new replies.