Home Forums Chat Forum 6 music weekend schedule changes (2021)?

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • 6 music weekend schedule changes (2021)?
  • BigJohn

Well, as an old middle-class white man, I really enjoyed Jam Supernova this morning. She wasn’t bad when she stood in for Gilles earlier in the year. And the announcement that the 2 worst DJs are on Sunday afternoons means that I can miss them both in one go!
    I’ll usually start to make Sunday Dinner about 5pm so I can do the RadMac catch-up then. Which always befuddles Mrs BigJohn because the news is 10 hours out of date.

And yes, Matt Everitt does a brilliant job of interviews. How can a one-time drummer get given so much respect by the 1st division performers he manages to get on? I know Jo Whiley had a reputation for having great “ears”. I can’t see Kershaw getting anybody interesting on.

ElShalimo

@nicko74 – I often flip back and forth between Craig Charles Funk & Soul and Liza Tarbuck’s R2 madness on a Sat evening. Usually I’m cooking in a Keith Floyd style so her ramblings are very welcome and often end up down a very funny rabbit hole.

fingerbang
    Free Member

matt everitt’s interviews are good. his ‘catching fire’ series of interviews with Robert Plant released as a podcast are excellent. His knowledgeability and wit means his guests open up. Although no need for his perplexing lack of respect for Hendrix

he’s had some really heavy hitters on his first time series.

kershaw will just shut down anyone she speaks like the awful Nile Rodgers interview (above). And +1 for Buxton’s interview with Mccartney. He knows how to bring intelligence and irreverence in the right measures to an interview with a big name.

just looks like they’re scrabbling around to give Liz a new role to avoid any redundancy issues (as above).

zippykona

I’m assuming getting someone in from 1 extra means even less guitar music.

mrchrispy

Liz Kershaw is an automatic switch off 6music and stick something else on in this house.
    She falls into my Brexit embargo bucket of sh1te

sharkattack

I’m assuming getting someone in from 1 extra means even less guitar music.

Hopefully.

timmys

Unless I’ve missed it, I’m surprised there’s been no hot take tweet from Brant on this.

CountZero

Hopefully.

#rollseyes

ElShalimo

I agree, I don’t like this Jamz Supernova. She’s referred to michael kiwanuk-oo twice now.

She did it again earlier today 🤦‍♂️

+ rejected comments about “too much 1Xtra on R6” .

Anyone would think that she’d been reading this thread 😋

doris5000
    Free Member

I was radio-channel-surfing last night, and came across some ace early 2000’s broken beat on 1xtra, which is a station I rarely listen to. So I sat down for a listen…. and it turned out it was Jamz Supernova’s show. I’m sold! :)

Merak

Anybody but Liz would be great. I had hoped for Tom Ravenscroft..

Perhaps they could put Cerys out of her misery and give him that gig.

johnx2
    Free Member

Cant be arsed with Huey Morgan.

How his career survived nmtbk? Only got halfway through this…

…I mean the guys asking the questions are annoying but are pop stars of the day (brit schoolers I recall, prob behind the scenes industry figures now for all I know) and do okay. Huey is a knob.

ElShalimo

He’s a huge Laverne fan too 🤔

Merak

Aye he’s a weapon. A jealous sexist weapon at that.

I particularly hate how he points out, at each juncture the songs from the playlist as if it’s beneath him to play them.

I wouldnt mind him jogging onto R2.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Haha I actually like the playlist thing he does!

….as for the NMTBK thing, it was the first time I ever really became aware of him, I’m assuming too much coke/booze/weed pre show? It did lead me to think he was an absolute prick tbh…..his 6 music show has lead me to change my opinion. I don’t really do social media/current affairs so I’m not aware of him being a sexist, wouldn’t surprise me though. Never meet your heroes has usually proven true for me thus far.

kilo

God, just get rid of Laverne’s smug tossness. Her listeners can seemingly turn any topic into something into some long pseud about their amazing children; Yes the tragic news about an abattoir fire in Mongolia and the ensuing enormous loss of life reminds me of when my son, Finn, first danced to Arcade Fire whilst I was making wild flower marmalade on the stove.

zippykona

This is my favourite DJ.
    No he doesn’t play banging techno!

andrewy

Yes the tragic news about an abattoir fire in Mongolia and the ensuing enormous loss of life reminds me of when my son, Finn, first danced to Arcade Fire whilst I was making wild flower marmalade on the stove.

Brilliant 😂

kayak23

Yes the tragic news about an abattoir fire in Mongolia and the ensuing enormous loss of life reminds me of when my son, Finn, first danced to Arcade Fire whilst I was making wild flower marmalade on the stove.

Lol’ercopters! 😂

binners

Genius! :D

zippykona

That’s the internet won for today 👍🏻

binners

So 6 music is moving to Salford as well as other BBC departments.

Thats what the new line-up is about then.

So its a case of which ones (apart from RadMac) fancy decamping to the desolate northern wastes?

That’ll be another big rise in house prices in Chorlton anyway

kayak23

I swear if Mary-Anne Hobnobs says ‘I see you’ one more time!
    Well,…you just dare Mary-Anne! 😖

edhornby

I like like Huey’s show, given that Simon Anstell was pretty sh1tty to Amy Winehouse and Huey and Preston (remember him) and probably others I’d say that Huey was relatively calm. I don’t follow him on social so can’t comment on that.

Given that most radio is prerecorded or could be done from a satellite studio I’d say that the move to Salford won’t be that big just the opportunity to save the office staff wages. MAH and Keavney and Craig Charles are salford based already I think?

Pook

Amstell was good mates with Winehouse wasn’t he?

richardkennerley

Given that most radio is prerecorded or could be done from a satellite studio I’d say that the move to Salford won’t be that big just the opportunity to save the office staff wages.

Ken Bruce has presented his show from his spare bedroom for the past year so there’s no need to force dj’s to move

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘6 music weekend schedule changes (2021)?’ is closed to new replies.