• This topic has 144 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by TedC.
Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • 3 Favourite Movie scenes of all time
  • DezB
    Free Member

The break up scene from ‘Blue is the Warmest Colour’.

Spoiler alert! I do intend to watch it that far one of these days 🤪

Tiger6791

Given current times..

stgeorge

Top Gun-opening sequence, still get the chills

Saw that in Leicester Square when it first came out and had a couple of hours to kill, brilliant opening sequence. Goosebumps still. Captures the perceived magic of carrier ops, well, mine anyway.

My three would be the above, Saving Private Ryan beach, and the Bonnie Situation.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’m enjoying the clips in this thread, keep them coming.
    Another film with a lot of great scenes is Little Big Man.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

@zilog6128 as you’re providing an answer to every plot hole in the matrix, riddle me this. Towards the final scene of the last movie, Neo and the chick (can’t recall her name sorry) are heading in a ship thingy towards the centre of the matrix when they briefly rise above the layer covering the earth into blue sky and sun (so therefore obviously still well within the atmosphere) why didn’t the machines just harness the sun for electricity, like floating big balloons or airships covered in PV. Made creating minuscule amounts of electricity from brain waves or whatever seem a daft idea when the clean atmosphere and sun was just a mile or three above. Shirley they could have still enslaved humankind and harnessed electricity without going to ludicrous lengths?.

spectabilis
    Free Member

spectabilis
    Free Member

(Edited/shortened version of scene)

CountZero

So very, very difficult to pick out a scene from a film if the film is one you’ve enjoyed from beginning to end, but I’ll mention three, each film I saw in the cinema at the time they were released, so no spoilers before seeing them.
    Alien chest burster – literally, what the **** just happened!
    Raiders Of The Lost Ark – Indy/ swordsman the whole cinema cheered as one.
    Pan’s Labyrinth – when the officer beats the man to death with the bottle. Such cold brutality showing the monsters are us. I’ve only seen the film once,I can’t watch it again.
    A couple of other mentions, 2001, A Space Odyssey – I went to the cinema on my own to watch it in 1967, came out knowing that cinema could never be the same for me after that. I was 14.
    A Clockwork Orange – again, I went on my own, I’d never seen anything like it, the casual cruelty of the characters and the violence were a shock. I was 17.
    Both were when they’d just been released, so zero knowledge of what they were about.

Bugger me! Someone else remembers Diva. Great film.

I love Diva to bits, saw it in the cinema, got a VHS copy, then a DVD, and I’ve got the soundtrack album!
    Watched it not so long ago, my g/f had never heard of it. The aria from La Wally is a favourite piece of music.

martinhutch

Still can’t beat this clip out of The Shining for impact (gory warning, obvs)

The scene building up to ‘all work and no play makes Jack…’ is a masterpiece as well.

zilog6128

@zilog6128 as you’re providing an answer to every plot hole in the matrix, riddle me this. Towards the final scene of the last movie,

last movie? 🤔 sorry, no idea what you’re talking about 😂

martinhutch

last movie?

Did anyone make it past the huge piss-up dance scene in Zion in the second one without deciding it wasn’t worth the effort? 🙂

As far as the first one goes, I managed the necessary suspension of disbelief to enjoy it for what it was. You can probably pick substantial holes in just about any sci-fi/time travel movie.

zilog6128

Did anyone make it past the huge piss-up dance scene in Zion in the second one

second one? 🤔 no, you’ve lost me 😃

Cougar

Tiger6791
    Subscriber
    Given current times..

I’ve seen that before, but it’s a great showcase of just how good an actor Charlie Chaplain was.

@spectabilis
    as a kid I was a huge fan of the Buster Keyton reruns they used to air, I haven’t seen that one before and it’s ace. Thanks for posting.

richmtb

And bonus ball Trainspotting has probably the best opening and introduction to any film ever.

Its got some really great scenes – Worst Toilet in Scotland, It’s Shite Being Scottish, Spud waking up with more than just a hangover.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Just been reminded of this one….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks to this thread I have watched this week The Good The Bad and The Ugly for the first time since its cinema release.
    As a result this weekend will feature re-watching Hang Em High, Fistfull of Dollars, For Few Dollars More and my favourite High Plains Drifter.
    Maybe The Outlaw Josey Wales next week.

Also watched Diva for the first time in 10 years.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Having watched it the other night, opening scene in Quantum Of Solice. Ideally with the surround sound cranked right up.

And whilst we’re on opening scenes of films, Saving Private Ryan.

2tyred

breninbeener

I hope it hasnt been done yet…

I love the prison governors address 8n Cool Hand Luke…

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just cant reach….”

hols2
    Free Member

Definitely Goodfellas – lots of fantastic scenes. Funny like a clown takes it for me.

Yep.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Thanks to this thread I have watched this week The Good The Bad and The Ugly for the first time since its cinema release.
    As a result this weekend will feature re-watching Hang Em High, Fistfull of Dollars, For Few Dollars More and my favourite High Plains Drifter.
    Maybe The Outlaw Josey Wales next week.

Eddiebaby, I’ve just seen this. May I suggest a couple more.

Another Leone great: ‘A fistful of dynamite’. And another favourite of mine ‘A bullet for the general’.

ogri
    Free Member

A multitude from The Big Lebowski.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Eddiebaby, I’ve just seen this. May I suggest a couple more.

Added to the list. Thanks.

funkmasterp

TedC

The “chase” scene from The Wrong Trousers.

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘3 Favourite Movie scenes of all time’ is closed to new replies.