Home Forums Bike Forum 2021 Rockshox

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • 2021 Rockshox
  • dhrider
    Free Member

Really, can couple of kilos tops of handlebars and levers plus a bit of frame can compress a fork.

My 74kg must really squash the fork to its limits

I have a couple of forks with Lyriks fitted. Its very noticeable on my E-bike due to the weight of the bike but don’t really notice it on my enduro bike.

chakaping

should have realised the look of the fork when stationary is more important than the loss of performance when riding it.

Why would you say that? Did you read my previous comment about my BB being too low?

I’m going to get a 10mm longer shaft anyway and this new one will help make a more meaningful difference to ride height.

Happy now chuckles?

dirkpitt74

I’ve just upgraded to the Debonair spring a few weeks back.
    I went for a 170mm shaft to replace the 160mm solo air.
    Will see how this and the Charger 2.1 RC2 damper upgrade I did at the same time goes when I can get some decent mileage and set up time on them.

The new foot nut and seal head might be worth a go as it’s only £25 and can be put back to normal if I don’t like how it rides.

poah
    Free Member

Did you read my previous comment about my BB being too low?

That isn’t going to help with the ride height when you’re on the bike. The fact the negative air spring is smaller means you’ll need less air for the same ride height which in turn will mean less support and bottom out resistance.

dirkpitt74

From reading the comments over on PB sounds like the Vorsprung guys might be coming up with an alternative solution to the travel loss issue.

honourablegeorge

posh

The fact the negative air spring is smaller means you’ll need less air for the same ride height

People who have actually ridden the new spring are using the same pressure.

chakaping

Yes, I’ll take the word of the manufacturer and those who have actually ridden it, thanks Poah.

Rofl

sam1988
    Free Member

I’ve a 2019 boost revelation 140mm travel. Will this fit? On the drop down menu on j tech site they don’t list a revelation? I also found this when I shopped around for a charger damper for my fork. Any idea?

Rockshox Debonair 2021 Air Spring Upgrade

I fitted the damper in January and it’s probably covered 300miles on new skf wiper seals, would they be OK to reuse of I dropped the lowers again for best to replace?

chakaping

Better call j tech on Tues, he is very helpful IME.

I usually re use all seals at first lowers service.

ta11pau1

The 2018 onwards revelation uses the same chassis as the pike, i.e. 35mm so it’ll fit.

The compatibility chart shows 2018 and 2019 pike/revelation 35mm both use the B1+ spring.

edd
    tomaso
    Free Member

Ordered the upgrade bits for my 2019 Yari/Lyrik from J-Tech. Decided to use lockdown for a full suspension overhaul anyway, so may as well do this at the same time.

pablogt
    Free Member

Ordered the upgrade seal head from Bird for both my bikes. Cheers for the link. Ended up changing the travel and doing a lower service start of lock down on one already, at least I’m well versed!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Think I’m going to order this part and increase the travel to 160. I’ve got the lyrik select.. do you think it’s worth upgrading the damper to the 2.1 RC damper? I’ve heard it’s do much better

benpinnick

Alas I just found out our date has been pushed by 2 weeks (they were due with me today). I asked whether its just mine or everyones incase you can cancel with us and re-order elsewhere. I will email anyone that pre-ordered once I know that answer.

SirHC

Mid June according to J-Tech:
    Rockshox Debonair 2021 Upgrade Parts

Would be nice when companies release products that you can go out and buy them straight away…

erictwinge
    Free Member

J-tech are saying mid June for the seal head kit?

this is despite Rockshox claiming they are available in the UK already in several replies to several different posts on the subject on their instagram…

breninbeener

If you go to the Bird site, the seal head is no longer available for pre-order.
    Im guessimg the current circs make this stuff uncertain in delivery.
    Quite exited to get the new stuff for my older Pikes

Ian

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes Jtech just sent out an email saying potentially mid June for the parts. I’ve read a few reviews and have seen 6 no negatives yet so I’ve pre ordered. Let’s see how long it will be.

dusterbenny
    Free Member

Zyrofisher (UK SRAM and Rockshox distributer are showing 8-12 weeks until seal head kits are restocked.

However the full C1 debonair air spring assemblies are in stock and shipping immediately, mine has been despatched today!

#lockdowntinkering

honourablegeorge
    benpinnick

If you go to the Bird site, the seal head is no longer available for pre-order.
    Im guessimg the current circs make this stuff uncertain in delivery.

Yep and they’ll stay offline now until I have them in my hands! I don’t like changing dates as it lets everyone down and for a relatively small part its not worth the hassle of keeping everyone updated! I have plenty on order so when they are in my grubby mitts they’ll go back online. At the moment the date is early may, this could change of course. International shipping is slow at the moment as there’s a lack of air capacity and ports are clogged with uncollected stuff.

Everyone that had a pre-order on many thanks, hopefully you got the email.

edd

benpinnick
    Subscriber

Everyone that had a pre-order on many thanks, hopefully you got the email.

Yes, got the email thanks. Hopefully they’ll be here soon.

bruneep

Zyrofisher (UK SRAM and Rockshox distributer are showing 8-12 weeks until seal head kits are restocked.

However the full C1 debonair air spring assemblies are in stock and shipping immediately, mine has been despatched today!

pretty much what I said on page 2 🤷‍♂️

I was told 8-12 weeks, I ended up buying the new updated airshaft and will return the unused shaft I bought last week

andyg1966

J-tech Suspension have just shipped my 2021 Airshaft :-)

erictwinge
    Free Member

is the pike ultimate still size B1?

P20

J Tech have suggested week of 27/04 for my airshafts

tomaso
    Free Member

My JTech 2021 upgrade parts to fit to the air shaft turned up today. I’ve done a lower leg service, fitted new SKF seals and foam rings and swapped the Debonair parts.

Forks definitely sit higher. Once we are out of lockdown I’ll find out out how it all rides…

P20

Our JTech bits arrived this morning, will get them fitted in the coming days

edd

P20
    Subscriber

Our JTech bits arrived this morning, will get them fitted in the coming days

Did you order the whole air spring assembly, or just the seal head and nut?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@poah: You called it correctly.

Have been chatting with a mate who has been on RS for years and he said that the 2021 air spring makes the fork harsher, so it sounds like you were right about the negative air spring being smaller.

Basically, you’re better off with the 2020 fork and air spring for price and performance.

sam1988
    Free Member

Many members had much riding with the 2021 air shaft? As above I’ve seen a few people say it makes the fork harsher, does exactly sound like an upgrade and now half temped to cancel my order, its not been dispatched yet

tomaso
    Free Member

I just updated with the head and nut. No riding yet to know what it feels like other than a bounce in the street…

P20

I ordered the whole spring assembly. Easy enough to fit too. God knows when I’ll get to ride it though!

ogden
    Free Member

Managed to get hold of an upgrade kit :) just need to get around to fitting it now.

sam1988
    Free Member

Where did you get one? Unfortunately orders from j tech have been delayed a week

ogden
    Free Member

@sam1988 I sent you a PM yesterday.

I got the upgrade kit from 18 Bikes, Hope.

erictwinge
    Free Member

good PSA thanks.

just ordered from 18 bikes and they have shipped already!!

honourablegeorge

I cleverly had mine delivered to work. I suppose it can wait until normality returns.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Anyone got any ride reports/feedback they’d care to share on the 2021 airspring?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘2021 Rockshox’ is closed to new replies.