Home Forums Bike Forum 2006 pike air pressures?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2006 pike air pressures?
  • flyaway3216
    Free Member

Hi all, trying to resurrect some old Pikes, but brilliantly i removed the air pressure guide label some years back and have regretted it ever since…

any one got a pair they could take a photo of the label for me, or know where i can find this info as my google-fu is letting me down.

many thanks in advance.

thols2

I’ve used DualAir Rebas and Revelations a lot. The recommended air pressures were always a bit high IME. Best to just set it by trial and error. Release all the air from the negative chamber (at the bottom). Set the positive chamber (in PSI) to 60% of your weight in pounds (including all your riding gear). Set the compression and rebound damping to the middle of the range. Find something similar to the biggest drop you regularly ride and ride over it. You want the fork to use most of its travel without bottoming out harshly. If it blows through the travel, bump up the pressure in 5 PSI increments until it has enough end stroke support. Once you have that, set the negative chamber to the same pressure and try some gentle XC type trails. You want enough sag that the fork is supple over small stuff. If it has too much sag, reduce the negative pressure until it feels right. That should get you in the ballpark. After that, it’s a matter of making small adjustments until you find a good balance of damping and air pressure. Takes a while to get it tuned, but the DualAir forks are very tunable by experimenting with the positive and negative pressures.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

These are the pressures for the Pike Air U-Turn
    63-72kg – 115-130psi
    73-81kg – 130-145psi
    81-90kg – 145-160psi
    90kg+ – 160psi +

flyaway3216
    Free Member

Thanks for these replies. The pressure table is perfect and i’d even i forgotten to say it’s a Air u-turn fork. And appreciate the set up advice which i can use to fine tune them more.

GeForceJunky

I always found running the negative pressure around 10psi higher than the positive gave a good feeling, although I’d always run the forks relatively stiff so only the very worse of hits uses all the travel.

thols2

i forgotten to say it’s a Air u-turn fork.

In which case, set the air pressures and damping with the fork at maximum travel.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.