Home Forums Bike Forum 140 or 160 fs ebike?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 140 or 160 fs ebike?
  • biglee1

Just had a fantastic 3hr ride on a cube 140 stereo tm on Friday. I’ve got a trek 29er with 120mm suspension and was wondering what the thoughts on going 160 on a 27.5 bike. I’m thinking more suspension would be good cos I’ve a motor 😁
    Also seeing when bosch is bringing their new motah out 😁
    140 or 160?

ta11pau1

160. It’s not as if you have to worry about pedaling it uphill, now is it? 😁

You’ll probably be hitting stuff faster too, and riding for longer.

geex
    Free Member

Pretty un answerable question really without knowing where or how you ride.

Even though there’s very little weight penalty in choosing an emtb with more travel I’d still always recommend chosing an Emtb with suitable geometry/travel for your “honest” level of riding. Same as you would an unasisted bike.
    In reality you’ll only be going faster UPHILL… but if you really think you’ll require an extra 40mm travel to plow your way uphill by all means go for it.
    160mm+ Emtbs do tend to have better descending geometry.

biglee1

Good points, I ride around the Keswick area, whinlatter and surrounding bits also like a bit of Scottish trail centres. I’m a tall guy and about 100kgs. I think I’ll be getting my riding mojo back with an ebike after riding on Friday 👍

trekfs9
    Free Member

160. You havent got to use it all but it’s there if you need it. I have had my Trek superfly fs9lt since January and havent stopped smiling yet, welcome to the world of Ebikes.

z1ppy

Unless you live somewhere flat (I can see you don’t) and don’t plan to every visit anywhere else hilly.. 160mm all the way.
    Ain’t the new bosch motor due on the 2020 bikes, deals are keeping mum though? I believe there binning the stupidly small front chainring.

biglee1

I believe the new bosch motor is gonna be revealed in the next few weeks so I’m going to hang on to see what it’s like. I’d rather not buy a new bike that’s got “old” tech for full price 🤔😁 I’ll more than likely go for the 160 flavour with a new bike 👍😀🚲

biglee1

I believe the new bosch motor is gonna be revealed in the next few weeks so I’m going to hang on to see what it’s like. I’d rather not buy a new bike that’s got “old” tech for full price 🤔😁 I’ll more than likely go for the 160 flavour with a new bike 👍😀🚲

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘140 or 160 fs ebike?’ is closed to new replies.