Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • 100mm mini downhill bike
  • Rickos
    Free Member

That YT Play answers all your questions.

Matt_Marshall
    Free Member

blunder/rickos – awesome, like you say, that is exactly what i am looking for I knew someone on here would come up with the goods! I can’t believe that is 1699eur for the full bike.

marsdenman
    Free Member

2010 Absolut SX frame & shock – short only – @ Merlin ?£650….

blunder
    Free Member

Glad i could help. Please tell us how it rides if you decides to go with it. I’ve been eyeing it as a mini (micro?) DH/freeride bike but would like to be able to pedal it along some flat trails too.

SamB
    Free Member

The Intense Tazer VP is in the ballpark. 68 degree HA, 1.5″ HT if you want to put an angleset in.

http://www.intensecycles.com/bikes/index.php?id=4&product_id=18

That YT is excellent VFM though 🙂

freeridenick
    Free Member

Rook 😛 should be good value if the mega is anything to go by…
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/04/17/spy-shot-fogels-prototype-nukeproof-slopestyle-bike/#more-42575

juiced
    Free Member

Matt_Marshall
    Free Member

just incase anyone else searches on the YT play in the future, a few tech specs they don’t list online (http://www.yt-industries.com/fileadmin/downloads/productsheets/de/productsheet_play_de.pdf) that i have asked about – seatpost is 30.9mm, so dropper friendly and frame weight is about 3.3kg without shock – now i just have to try and get them to sell me one as frame only…

Matt_Marshall
    Free Member

one other thing if anyone else is thinking about this sort of bike, i spoke to spesh USA, they hardly make any of the SX supercross frames and they are currently sold out globally, you need to order one in about june to get hold of the next years production which is usually out late summer.

And some frame weights for super slack micro downhillers:
    nicolai ion 14 3.5kg
    pivot m4x 2.8kg
    YT play 3.3kg
    Specialized SX supercross 4.1kg (i think this might be with shock included)

so the YT stacks up pretty well, even if it is the cheapest one

geetee1972
    Free Member

Just for the record my adjusted AM (pictured above) has the following numbers:

BB height measures 13.2″

Head angle measures 65.7 degrees

Travel setting in current set up is 150mm with a 160mm (545mm) fork.

It works well with a 150mm (520mm A2C) fork to; measures 13″ static BB height and 66.7 degrees HA. Best to run the bike in the 140mm setting with this fork though otherwise the BB is so low you can barely pedal.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here’s my SX.

Not that it’s been anywhere near a downhill course yet!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Nukeproof Rook in the silly yellow….when it’s out.

Want

mamadirt
    Free Member

Some cracking little bikes up there. Tazers handle best at 100-120 though – don’t jack the front end up too much, you’ll lose the nippy cornering (I ran 140mm Bombers on my FRO for a little while and still have the scars 👿 ). Another vote for the Howler too (or Cowan DS/Dudu – similar geometry iirc). Commencal Absolut SX? Orange Blood?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘100mm mini downhill bike’ is closed to new replies.