Two-time F1 champ Fernando Alonso recently sold his ‘sustainable athletics’ brand (Kimoa) to SimplyEV and together they’re producing a fully customisable carbon fibre e-bike powered by 3D printing firm Arevo.
The e-bike will retail from $3,999. US only at the moment we’re afraid.
Kimoa E-Bike powered by Arevo nutshelled
- 3D-printed in a “strong, impact-resistant unibody frame”
- Motor: Bafang 48V 250W through-axle hub motor with 50Nm torque
- Battery: 48V 7Ah Li-Ion built on 35E 3.6V cells
- Fully charged in 2 hours
- Claimed range up to 55 miles
- Assist modes: road, gravel, commuting, cruising
- Made-to-measure for each customer (rider height, weight, arm and leg lengths, riding position)
- Over 500,000 sizing permutations
- Flat bar, riser bar, drop bar options
- Alloy or carbon wheel options
- Sold online at www.kimoa.com or in SimplyEV and Simply Mac stores
- SRP from $3,999
We don’t have a whole load of info other than that. But everyone likes to see bikes that look a bit different to the norm don’t they? So here it is.
Perhaps the most eye-catching aspect of the bike is the lack of a seat tube. Presumably this has been done to give the ride a certain amount of vertical compliance for rider comfort.
We’ll hopefully bring you a bit more info when the bike has completed its official launch during this week’s Formula One Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2022.
Press release: “The all-new Kimoa E-Bike powered by Arevo touts a true unibody construction, 3D-printed in a single pass of continuous carbon fiber thermoplastic composite. Unlike other carbon fiber bikes whose frames are glued and bolted together using dozens of individual parts and fabricated from previous-generation thermoset composite materials, the Kimoa bike frame is constructed without joints or glue for seamless strength. Its next-generation thermoplastic materials make it extremely impact resistant, remarkably lightweight, and most importantly – incredibly sustainable.”
Fernando Alonso: “At the heart of Kimoa’s DNA is our drive to create a more sustainable lifestyle. The Kimoa E-Bike powered by Arevo gives people a curated step towards that active and sustainable lifestyle, tailored specifically for each rider.”
While you’re here…
Follow us on Instagram
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.