The Ghost E-Riot Trail Pro has 140mm rear and 150mm front travel on a frame consisting of a carbon front triangle and aluminium one-piece rear, with forged one piece rocker. Assist comes in the form of a Bosch Performance Cx Gen 4 motor and 625Wh battery, which you’ll be wanting as the bike in a size medium weighs 52.36lbs/23.75kg – not inconsiderable.
- Brand: Ghost
- Product: E-Riot Trail Pro
- From: hotlines-uk.com
- Price: £6,599
- Tested by: Hannah for a rough old winter
Three things I’d change
- The weight. It’s a beast, and you’ll know about it if you try and do any cheeky footpath type manoeuvres, or have a cluttered garage.
- The dropper. It got sticky, and why does it have a rear offset?
- The bars. The ride position feels too precarious and aggressive as it comes.
Three things I liked
- The motor – powering your way up a climb while towing your child so you can enjoy the descent together is priceless.
- The saddle. One I felt no need to swap out – very unusual for me.
- The tool-free front wheel removal. You’re not going to be lifting this onto a roof rack, and this makes it a lot easier to get the wheel off and into the car.
Members Only content continues…
You could join them and open up this and countless other articles and reviews from just £0.06/day!
All members get..
- Exclusive members only content
- Digital back issues
- New issues via iOS/Android App
- Ad free website
- Merch discounts
- Downloads, GPX files, PDFs, iBooks
Print+ members also get..
Next available print copy of Singletrack magazine posted to you. Each issue contains 148 pages of perfect ride inspiration, opinion, adventure and reviews.
- or £3.99/ month
- Direct Debit or Card
A message from all of us at Singletrack magazine
We need your help
For over 20 years Singletrack has been a source of information, news and entertainment for millions of mountain bike enthusiasts and as an important focal point for an amazing community of like minded riders from around the world. But it has also been a provider of jobs and income for dozens of families of our team as well as a source of revenue for hundreds of freelance contributors.
We want to keep going through this uncertain period and create great content to inform and entertain you, but we will need your help to do it. More than anything else we want to have a reciprocal relationship with you and the best way to make that happen is through our memberships. We’d love you to join us as a paid member of the Singletrack community – we promise you a return on your investment through the content we have and will create for you.
While you’re here…
Please follow us on Instagram…
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.