Pivot’s replaced the 5.5 Mach with a smaller, lighter, upright suspension trail killer. Is it enough fun to justify a starting price of over 7 grand? Tim Wild investigates…
- Brand: Pivot
- Product: ShadowCat Pro XT
- From: upgradebikes.co.uk
- Price: £7,500
- Tested by: Tim Wild for 6 days
Three things I liked
- Incredibly light
- Playful geometry
- Short stack and chainstays make for great manoeuvrability
Three things I’d change
- I’d love wider tyres and rims
- Two downtube bottle mounts seems pointless – why weaken a fancy carbon frame?
- Limited colour range (for now) – the Danger Fruit looks great, the Corporate Blue not so much
Member’s Only content continues…
You could join them and open up this and countless other articles and reviews from just £0.06/day!
All members get..
- Exclusive members only content
- Digital back issues
- New issues via iOS/Android App
- Ad free website
- Merch discounts
- Downloads, GPX files, PDFs, iBooks
Print+ members also get..
Next available print copy of Singletrack magazine posted to you. Each issue contains 148 pages of perfect ride inspiration, opinion, adventure and reviews.
A message from all of us at Singletrack magazine
We need your help
For over 20 years Singletrack has been a source of information, news and entertainment for millions of mountain bike enthusiasts and as an important focal point for an amazing community of like minded riders from around the world. But it has also been a provider of jobs and income for dozens of families of our team as well as a source of revenue for hundreds of freelance contributors.
We want to keep going through this uncertain period and create great content to inform and entertain you, but we will need your help to do it. More than anything else we want to have a reciprocal relationship with you and the best way to make that happen is through our memberships. We’d love you to join us as a paid member of the Singletrack community – we promise you a return on your investment through the content we have and will create for you.
While you’re here…
|by Tim Wild for 6 days