Hope Technology has announced a trio of SPD pedals suited to gravity, race and trail riding.
The new Hope Union pedal range has been announced with an SPD/clipless pedal model to suit most riding styles. The Union is a dual-sided pedal featuring a CNC machined body and stainless steel components to ensure long life and resist corrosion. Each model in the range uses the same axle internals as the F20 flat pedal with 3 sealed bearings and a norglide bush for smooth running, and even aftermarket Titanium axle upgrades will be available at some point in the future.
Hope will supply each Union pedal with 2 cleat options. Number 4 cleat gives 4° of free float and has a 12° release angle, number 5 cleat gives 5° of free float and has a 13° release angle, no. 5 cleat also has an increased release effort for aggressive riding. Both cleats also allow 2mm of lateral (side to side) float.
The new Hope Union range consists of the Union RC, Union TC and Union GC;
- Union RC – Race Clip, a small platform designed for decreased weight (324g)
- Union TC – Trail Clip, a larger platform with 4 pins per side for increased contact with the shoe sole and greater stability for more aggressive riding (437g)
- Union GC – Gravity Clip, a large platform with the option of 7 pins per side or footplates to give maximum contact between the shoe and pedal and so provide the greatest stability (498g)
Hope Union pedal features
- Dual mechanism designed for easy pedal entry, secure cleat holding and positive, consistent release
- Dual sided
- 3 models to suit intended use
- Fully CNC Machined pedal bodies
- Stainless steel clips and cleats
- 2 cleat options give 4° or 5° of free float and 12° or 13° release angle respectively
- Large shoe/pedal contact area for maximum power transfer and stability
- Replaceable pins for increased grip on Union TC (8 pins) and Union GC (14 pins) Pedals
- Foot plate option on Union GC Pedal for maximum shoe/pedal contact
- Q-Factor – 55mm
- Pedals run on three cartridge bearings and a norglide bush for smooth long term durability
- Fully serviceable and re-buildable
- Axle is high strength Cr-Mo, heat treated and plated. Titanium axle upgrades available.
- Available in 6 colour options
Hope Union availability
Customers are able to order their Union pedals from dealers today with the first batch hitting stores in September.
- Union RC – £150, €185 ,$190
- Union TC – £150, €185 ,$190
- Union GC – £160, €195 ,$200
Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year.
The Print+ membership where Singletrack magazine drops through your door, plus full digital access, is normally £45, now only £22.50 with the code. And a digital membership where you can read all the digital magazines is normally £25, and now £12.50 with the code.
Simply use code HELLO54 at checkout.
(New annually renewing membership only. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or when switching memberships)