You can now run a Forbidden Druid with a mullet right out of the box with the new ‘Ziggy Edition’ build.
The mullets are taking over! Every time we turn a corner in the trail we’re confronted with another mix wheel rig promising a party out back and business upfront. It’s a going trend, one which Forbidden has been part of since last year.
Back in May 2020 the company release a special Ziggy Link that adjusted the geometry of the Dreadnought and Druid bikes so that riders could safely run a smaller wheel and not run into any geometry or suspension issues. Now that option has become factory.
Forbidden tell us that the demand for the Ziggy Link has been stronger than they expected, and so a new ‘Ziggy Edition’ Druid was born. As you might imagine, the new ‘Ziggy Edition’ Forbidden Druid is a mullet out of the box featuring a factory-installed Ziggy Link and mixed wheels.
Today’s announcement sees a GX equipped bike launch boasting 150mm of front wheel travel and 130mm rear. The complete bike is built up with Fox suspension, Crankbrothers Synthesis alloy wheels, SRAM G2 4 piston brakes and a 1×12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain.
Forbidden offers the ‘Ziggy Edition’ Druid in sizes S-XL with a complete bike costing £5899. The frame itself remains unchanged (except the link) meaning the same lovely full carbon build, high-pivot suspension and DH inspired idler pully.
Forbidden Druid ‘Ziggy Edition’ Specification
- Frame: Forbidden Druid, 130mm travel, full-carbon, Ziggy Link equipped
- Fork: Fox Performance Elite 36 GRIP2 – 150mm travel, 44mm offset
- Shock: Fox Performance Elite DPX2, EVOL air can, 3-position lever
- Transmission: SRAM GX 12 speed – 10-52T cassette
- Brakes: SRAM G2 RSC 4-piston, 180mm rotors front and rear
- Wheels: Crankbrothers Synthesis Enduro Alloy, mixed size wheelset
- Front tire: Maxxis Assegai, 29 x 2.5in, 3C MaxTerra, EXO casing
- Rear tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II, 27.5 x 2.4in, 3C MaxTerra, EXO+ casing
- Cockpit: RaceFace Aeffect 50mm stem, 800 x 20mm Turbine bars and Half Nelson grips
- Saddle: SDG Radar Chromo
- Seatpost: RaceFace Aeffect R (size-specific drop: Small 125mm drop / Medium 150mm / Large and X-Large 170mm drop)
- Included: RaceFace tubeless valves, ratcheting torque wrench, Forbidden digital shock pump, and a spare derailleur hanger
Forbidden Druid ‘Ziggy Edition’ Pricing
- $6599 USD
- $8249 CAD
- £5899 GBP
- €7099 EUR
Availability begins in June for customers in the U.S and Canada, while EU and UK customers will have to hold on until August before the first drop of bikes lands. For more info visit the Forbidden website.