The Blazing Bikes Story In 2009 we had an idea to use our land to develop a unique destination site to the UK. Based at the southern end of the south…
Salsa’s aggressive trail hardtail gets a makeover in alloy, and will be available in the UK in two builds plus a frameset. The SLX build is the red bike shown here, the XT the white. If titanium is your thing, that’s still available but doesn’t get the geometry updates detailed here.
Designed for aggressive trail riding, the Timberjack now gets longer, lower and slacker, plus this year’s must have update: the steeper seat tube. The marketing is a little more ‘aggressive’ trail riding’ than ‘bikepacking wherever’ than the previous model, and you lose a set of bottle cage mounts with this iteration – is this a shuffling of the line to make room for something else? Or just an effort to leave the luggage and get a bit more rad as with the recent Cassidy/Blackthorn full suspension bikes?
Salsa Timberjack 2021 Features
- 6066-T6 & 6061 Aluminum tube set
- Five sizes (XS–XL)
- Designed for 120-150 mm fork travel
- 66.4-degree head tube angle; 75-degree seat tube angle
- Dropper post on all models
- Alternator 2.0 Dropouts
- Adjustable chainstay length from 420-437 mm
- Single speed-compatible
- Clearance for up to 29 x 2.6″ tires or 27.5 x 2.8” tires
- 12 x 148 mm rear thru axle
- 73 mm threaded bottom bracket
- Full-length internal cable routing
- Compatible with Alternator Plus Rack using Rack-Lock seatpost collar
- Top tube accessory mount
- Two bottle mounts inside main triangle (SM – XL), one bottle mount inside main triangle for size XS
- Accessory mount on under-side of down tube
Salsa Timberjack Pricing
- Timberjack XT 29 £2200
- Timberjack SLX 29 £1870
- Timberjack Aluminum Frameset £505
- Timberjack Titanium Frameset £2700
- From: Lyon
UK distributer Lyon expects to have stock of these bikes landing mid April.
Singletrack Premier Partner Selection
Follow us on Instagram
If you like what we do - if you like our independence then the best way to support us is by joining us. Every penny of your membership goes back into Singletrack to pay the bills and the wages of the people who work here. No shareholders to pay, just the people who create the content you love to read and watch.