For the past two months, I’ve been testing out a 2019 Canyon Neuron CF as part of an upcoming review.
The Neuron CF is the latest carbon fibre trail bike from Canyon, and it slides into the full suspension lineup between the 100mm travel Lux and the 150mm travel Spectral. Using a full carbon fibre frame with a 130mm travel fork and 130mm of rear suspension, the Neuron CF is billed by Canyon as being ‘All You Need‘. I’ll forgive the Germans for forgetting about the requisite pedals, though I’m guessing just means it’s designed to go up the mountains, as well as down them.
As part of the test process, I’ve been trying a few different components on the Neuron CF to see just how adaptable it is for different trail conditions. To see what I’ve changed, and to see what some of my local riding is like, make sure you watch the video below, which I shot out at the Harcourt MTB Park last week under a very hot Aussie sun!
The Neuron CF is brand new as of late-2018, and it comes with a suave carbon fibre frameset (that’s the ‘CF’ in the name) that uses Canyon’s new generation Triple Phase Suspension layout.
This thing is packed with clever design touches, and is very well spec’d for the monies, so make sure you check out the full rundown as part of our first ride review here.
2019 Canyon Neuron CF Features
- Lightweight full suspension trail bike
- Full carbon fibre mainframe & swingarm w/injection moulded shock extension
- 27.5in wheels (XS, S) or 29in wheels (M, L, XL)
- Triple Phase suspension design
- 130mm travel front & rear
- 67.5° head angle
- 74.5° seat angle
- 440mm chainstay length
- Reach: 398mm (XS), 418mm (S), 433mm (M), 453mm (L), 473mm (XL)
- 2x compatible frame design
- Threaded bottom bracket shell
- Impact Protection Unit (IPU) headset
- 148x12mm dropouts w/tool-less Quixle
- Industrial-grade cartridge bearings with double-lip seals
- Protected cable routing via Cable Channel design
- Claimed frame weight: 2920g (Medium frame w/shock, rear axle, IPU & hardware)
- Complete bikes starting from: £2,449 / $3,949 AUD
I’m in the process of wrapping up a detailed longterm review of the Neuron CF, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled on the website and our YouTube channel for a separate review video coming very soon.
If you’ve got any questions for me, don’t hesitate to ask them in the comments section below and I’ll see if I can answer them for you!
I’ve also listed the full spec list on Neuron CF 9.0 SL test bike below, and you can check out loads more details along with a full gallery in the first look story here.
2019 Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
- Frame // Carbon Fibre, 130mm Travel
- Fork // Fox 34 Float, Performance Elite, 51mm Offset, 130mm Travel
- Shock // Fox Float DPS, Performance Elite, EVOL Air Can, 210x50mm (195x45mm on XS, S sizes)
- Hubs // Reynolds TR3 Mountain Hub, 110x15mm Front & 148x12mm Rear
- Rims // Reynolds TR309 Carbon, 28h Front & Rear, 30mm Internal Rim Width
- Tyres // Maxxis Forekaster EXO 2.35in Front & Rear
- Chainset // SRAM Stylo 7K DUB, 30t Chainring
- Rear Mech // SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-Speed
- Shifter // SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-Speed
- Cassette // SRAM GX Eagle, 10-50t, 12-Speed
- Brakes // SRAM Guide R, 180mm Front & 160m Rear Rotors
- Bar // Canyon H15 Alloy , 15mm Rise 760mm Wide
- Stem // Canyon V12 Alloy, 60mm Long
- Grips // Ergon GA2, Lock-On
- Seatpost // Fox Transfer, Performance Elite, 150mm Travel
- Saddle // Iridium Trail
- Size Tested // Medium
- Sizes available // X-Small, Small, Medium, Large & Extra Large
- Confirmed Weight // 12.56 kg (27.63 lbs)
- RRP // $5,399 AUD / £3,349