Do your kids enjoy riding as much as you do? Do they hit the trail hard and ride their kit even harder? Are you desperately searching for the perfect Christmas gift for your young rider? SDG may well have the gift box you and your young gun could be searching for.
The SDG Jr Pro Kit is a complete, kids-specific, finishing kit that includes a set of grips, handlebar, saddle and flat pedals. Each component in the kit has been ergonomically designed for younger riders in mind and should suit children aged 6+, although there’s nothing stopping you from fitting it to even smaller bikes.
The full complete kit costs just £129.95 and is available in cyan (seen here), black, green or pink. More info below.
Fly Jr Saddle
- Ergonomically fitting for smaller sit bones – shorter and narrower than traditional saddles. Not just a wide, bulky and heavy BMX saddle.
- Slight Rear Rise design enhances pelvis rotation and power from a standard sitting position.
- Small Nose platform to aid in climbing.
- Ample padding for enhanced comfort.
- Syn Leather top and Cordura protective sides for increased durability.
- 235mm x 122mm, 270g.
Slater 90 Pedal
The Slater 90 pedal features a 90x90mm platform that is optimal for smaller feet. Unlike most children’s pedals (plastic body, steel axle, loose ball bearing and injected moulded pins that easily wear out in weeks), the Slater 90 pedal strikes a balance between those cheap disposable plastic pedals and the uber expensive machined aluminium ones.
- Small 90x90mm nylon composite body and low profile height (18mm).
- Cro-Mo axle with fully sealed and serviceable DU bushing design.
- 6x, bottom loading, replaceable 2mm high steel pins per side.
- Gripper profile for enhanced pedal traction.
- Replacement and service parts available. More aggressive and advanced pins coming.
Slater Jr Grips
Most junior grips are simply just shortened adult grips that are far too thick for little hands. By tooling a unique bar that offers 19mm bar ends, the Slater Jr grip offers a better riding experience, while not sacrificing the comfort by using a thinner grip.
- 1pc, integrated lock-on grip system.
- Dual density design.
- Tapered and slotted core to eliminate slippage.
- Plush SDG Icon pattern that offers total grip control and vibration dampening.
- 19mm ID mount fits exclusively to 19mm bars.
- 115mm Length, 25-26mm OD, 55g.
Slater 650 Bar
The Slater 650 bar was developed for optimal ergonomics. It features a 31.8mm mount but uniquely tapers to 19mm (standard bar ends are 22.2mm) to accommodate thinner grips such as the SDG Slater Jr.
- Tooled specifically for performance youth riders.
- Constructed with 6061 sandblasted aluminium.
- 650mm width for increased bar control.
- Bar ends taper to 19mm and exclusively works with 19mm mountable grips. *Slater Jr
- 31.8 mount. 20mm rise. 8 degree back sweep, 5° upsweep
- The Kit includes 4x 15mm nylon shims to mount standard shift and brake levers.
Now let’s see what the riders that this kit is aimed at think of the new SDG Jr Pro Kit.
More info can be found over on the SDG website here.