Video: UK made and fully suspended – Dan Stanton tells all about his brand new Switch9er FS

by 0

If you’ve been following our London Bike Show coverage, you’ll have no doubt heard the news that Stanton has just unveiled its brand new Switch9er FS to the public. The ‘Switch9er’ part of the name refers to the wheelsize and the fact that this bike is based on Stanton’s current Switchback hardtail. In fact, the front end design is largely borrowed from the brand’s hardcore hardtail, with Reynolds 631 tubing used for the mainframe. Those last two letters however, are particularly important. They stand for ‘Full Suspension’, and that’s big news because this represents the first full suspension mountain bike that Stanton has ever produced.

The news gets bigger however, because unlike Stanton’s current hardtail frames, this new bike won’t be manufactured in Taiwan – it’ll be made right here in the UK in Stanton’s new production facility.

To learn more about the 140mm travel Switch9er FS and Stanton’s bigger plans for UK-manufacturing, we grabbed Dan Stanton at the London Bike Show and put him in front of the camera to ask him all about it;

For further information about the new Switch9er FS including how its constructed and why Stanton has paired a steel front end with an alloy back end, check out our exclusive first look news story right here.

Or if you’re particular hot under the collar about the new bike, head to the Stanton website for further information.

stanton switch9r full suspension steel uk made
Steel up front and alloy out back for the new Stanton Switch9er FS.

The Switch9er FS is Stanton Bikes’ newest frame to the market. This 29 inch wheel Enduro suspension frame made from Reynolds 631 Steel (Extruded in Birmingham) with a T6 aluminium (Extruded in Nottingham) back end, brought together with our own CNC machined dual link system. This will be manufactured entirely in our unit based in Matlock, with 75% of the process done in house, including design, manufacture, welding, painting and decalling. The other 25% is outsourced to other UK firms” – From Stanton Bikes.

stanton switch9r full suspension steel uk made
Stanton has been doing the ‘long, low & slack’ thing for a while now, and the Switch9er FS looks to carry that tradition well into the future!

Stanton Switch9er Full Suspension Features

  • Made in the UK
  • Reynolds 631 steel mainframe
  • Heat treated T6 alloy swingarm
  • 29in wheels
  • 140mm rear travel
  • Virtual pivot suspension design
  • Öhlins TTX 22 M coil shock
  • Designed for 160mm travel forks
  • Head angle: 63.75°
  • Seat angle: 76°
  • Chainstay length: 445mm
  • Reach: 440mm, 470mm, 500mm
  • English threaded bottom bracket
  • Boost 148x12mm rear thru-axle
  • RRP: £2500 (frame w/hardware & Öhlins TTX 22 M coil shock)

Leave a Reply