Heading to Wales this weekend for some downhill action? Held across the 17th and 18th of September, Round #6 of the National DH Series will be hosted by British Cycling at Llangollen in Denbighshire in Wales. Even if you’re not racing, you’ll have the opportunity to watch some of the country’s fastest downhillers will be saddling up on the start line to do battle with the clock, including Tahnee Seagrave, Adam Brayton and Matt Simmonds.
Want to whet your appetite for all the racing action? Then check out the press release from British Cycling below;
– British Cycling Press Release –
- Length – 1.6km.
- Start altitude – 365 m.
- Finish altitude – 115 m.
- Vertical descent – 250 m.
- Fastest time 2mins, 05 secs.
- A Shoretrax wooden Pump track will be open all weekend and you are encouraged to bring your bike and helmet to ride this exciting feature that will be located in the event village. Free of charge to use.
- Two bouncy castles will be in place for the young guns as well as a kids ball pit, all free of charge.
- A MTB Car Boot is also on offer on Sunday morning. Sellers are advised to turn up on the day from 09:00 onwards, pay the £20 entrance fee and set up. No advanced booking is required.
- Race support will be on hand for all the BDS racers from Shimano, Hope Technology, E-13 Chain Devices, Ride.io ‘The Silverline Tools Box’ and Crankbrothers as well as a free Bike wash by Kingud.
- Onsite Catering by Billy Can who offer fresh produce as well as the promise of sun shine and an Ice Cream van.
- A live P/A will run throughout the weekend with race updates and general information.
- A number of stands in the pit area will be displaying and retailing MTB related goods so make sure you come along.
- Phone signal 3G/4G is very good both on the course and in the event village.
- Camping is priced at £5.00 per pitch for the weekend with toilets (including women’s only) and running water available onsite.
- Spectators cost is £5.00 per adult with (children 15 and under entrance is free).