Ibis has launched a new back-end for its 150mm Enduro-monster the HD3, which will make it all Boosted and Plus-tyre compatible, should you so desire.
The front of the bike remains the same, but with the new arse you can (if you will) dress the gnarmonster in three appealing yet different Gowns of Shred, dependent on terrain and/or proclivity) with the very same wheels wot you have already been running. Cor!
The release suggests the following:
- You could simply use a light pair of 2.3 tyres for a nimble trail-eaterer
- 2.5in tyres with thick sidewalls will be good for rough and rocky conditions
- 2.8in tyres offer ‘levels of grip (IBIS has) never seen this side of Velcro
“But (I hear you cry) what if I’ve already got a spanking Mojo HD3, and I feel bereft at my lack of sweet, sweet chubby traction?”
Well, Ibis is offering a swingarm retrofit kit for the 142mm HD3s to convert to the new swingarm.
The kit consists of the following:
- All new HD3 Boost/Plus Swingarm
- New 148mm Hexle
- Boost lower link
- Boost lower link rear shaft hardware
- Boost compatible front derailleur mount
- Retrofit kits will be available in April.
For more information, visit Ibis’ website here – UK price will be £699.99.