A new helmet from Kali that promises “enduro worthy’ performance. Our Chipps has been running a prototype since June and reckons “it’s one of the most comfortable deep coverage helmets I’ve ever used” (he’s even left the peak on)…
Here’s the Press Release
Would you rather be hit by a 2×4 or a pillow? It’s a stupid question, but one that our current helmet standards don’t do enough to address. So we’ve built our Maya using a combination of cone shaped multi-density EPS, paired with a softer density foam around the head.
This combination of materials allows us to use our lowest foam density ever. While helmets typically utilize a foam density between 100-120 g per cubit liter, the density in our Maya is around 70 g. The benefit to using this softer foam is that it dissipates impacts faster and more efficiently.
In our pursuit of safety, we haven’t forgotten the other features that make helmets “Enduro” worthy. Which is why the Maya incorporates things like an integrated camera and light mount and a break resistant moto style visor. Other features include an antimicrobial liner with bug netting, our floating dual closure system for easy adjustments, and twelve vents with internal channeling for great ventilation.
Key Facts: Kali Protectives Maya Helmet
- Weighs 350 g
- £89.99 UK price estimate.
- Available in size S/M and M/L
- Colours are Matte Black, EnduroBro Blue, and White/Black Duo
- Shipping today-ish (or whenever the California longshoremen strike is resolved)
- COMPOSITE FUSION PLUS™ Technology: incorporates cone shaped multi-density EPS foam for improved impact dissipation
- Uses softest density foam in the mountain bike segment, because softer is better
- Break resistant FlexyBill™ visor
- Integrated Camera/Light Mount. Works with GoPro™, Contour™, and Light & Motion™
- Antimicrobial liner with integrated bug netting
- 5 Forward and 7 rearward facing vents, with deep internal channeling for ventilation
- Dual Closure Fit System which auto height adjusts
UK distribution through: www.nrg4.co.uk