• This topic has 37 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bol.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Your Christmas / New Year biking plans?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

So, what rides have you got planned for the holiday?

I’ll be aiming to work off my food and drink consumption with the following:

Boxing day road ride – not so long, probably a 30-40 mile spin up the Conwy valley (with the option of browsing the sales in the outdoor kit shops in Betws)

28th / 29th – mountain biking with some visiting friends, hopefully around Conwy mtn and the Carneddi, but if the weather’s bad we’ll head for the shelter of the Marin

30th – longer road ride round Snowdonia

So if you’re in the area, and see a small lass on a Titus or Tricross, stop and say hello 🙂

Anyone else got a biking plans?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Tues 27th – Afan W2
    Fri 30th – Local night ride pub crawl
    Mon 2nd – Winchester forum ride (with and extra 20 miles each way!)

I be happy with that!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Riding the next three days. Going to make the most of the dry mild weather.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Will be out Boxing day.. preferably off-road but if the traffic is light, and half of Surrey isn’t heading to the sales, I might try a quick spin on the road bike towards the Rapha 500.

KonaTC

Bike sorted but no riding plans for me as I am recovering from a chest infection 🙁

ton

one of my best xmas’s was spent riding ae on xmas day, the inners on boxing day and gt on the 27th.
    me and my son went up and met a load off here, fantastic 3 days riding, all in sub zero temperature.

i would give anything to be able to do it again…….. 🙁

Sue_W
    Free Member

Ton – that sounds like a fantastic Xmas riding session! Memories to treasure.

I’m guessing that any kind of biking is still off the agenda? Is the option of an electric bike still a possibility?

Unfortunately I don’t have a magic wand to wave and solve the difficulties in either your life or mine. But what I have learnt over the last 18 months is to try to value and appreciate what I do have, and accept the hand that life deals us – even when that’s not our choice.

From some of your posts, you have a fantastic partner and kids, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas together. I guess, in the way that you would give anything to be able to ride again, I would have given anything to spend Christmas with the person I loved again. But I can’t change that, so am now working on having a ‘positive mental attitude’ about spending Christmas alone, and trying to make the most of being able to curl up with my dog, spend time with friends, and go biking.

I really hope that you find a way to return to biking at some point in your life, or find an equally rewarding activity. But in the meantime, really enjoy all those other great things that you do have, and have a wonderful Christmas 🙂

*Sorry, slight hijack of my own thread* 😳

_tom_
    Free Member

Just a few short and fast road rides for me to make me feel better about the amount of food and beer that’s going to get consumed 😆

rewski
    Free Member

Taking my 8 year old to Swinley for the first ti,e on the 28th, might get a couple of cheeky rides out the door on the North Downs

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve got a gammy hip following an horrific accident I suffered during the recent London Pootle. I had to go to the pub for emergency medical attention. 🙁

Might have a gentle spin round town the morrow, as it’ll be the quietest day of the year. The City should be really erie and quiet.

So if you’re in the area, and see a small lass on a Titus or Tricross, stop and say hello

If I seen such a sight, I woon’t just say hello, I’d say Well, Hellooooooo!

Then try and nick the bike when she weren’t looking…

Your postie bin yet Sue?

chakaping
    Free Member

Working every day apart from two, when I’m on family duties – but I expect to get a couple of hours here and there.

I fully expect to actually lose weight by the new year.

Will have some time off in Jan and will try to get further afield then, as I expect to be sick of the muddy local trails by that point.

tollah
    Free Member

Today 1st ride on my new CX bike
    Monday probably the FOD on SS
    Tuesday Cotswolds local loop on the CX

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I don’t actually ride in December, I tend to take some time out to do other things and to clean and service my bikes ready for the new year. On the 1st of January however I will be out on the bike at dawn; something I’ve done for years.

Getting quite twitchy already at not having ridden my bike for a couple of weeks but I’ve been so busy at work and with home stuff that it would have been difficult to fit in a decent ride.

tazzymtb

sitting on the turbo tomorrow and monday, SS ride on the chase tuesday, Big welsh loop in the clywds over to llandegla for a play and then back over the tops to loggerheads for some decent coffee and cake at the weekend on a silly bike

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Good start so far, parked at blawith 8-30 am for a nice three hour loop of Coniston water saw one other guy ,wished each other merry Christmas,nice nibthwaite finish popped across the newly rebuilt bridge, home for 12_30 half family still in shower, let the calorie push begin!!!!!
    Will hopefully get two more in before new year.

jedi

just back from an awesome herts ride. i’ll be riding 26th dec- 2nd jan 🙂

Kuco

A mix or road and cx riding over the coming week starting with a nice early road ride tomorrow.

mrplow
    Free Member

Mugdock tomorrow morning with bells on 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Need to start some training, so will force myself to go out on boxing day, unless the weather’s really rubbish. Then i’ll do hill sprints on the road bike.

honourablegeorge

Had a proper big mountain day out planned for Monday, but have had to pull out of it due to family stuff. A quick muck about in the woods instead.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ll be riding tomorrow morning before heading to the out-laws for the duration.

Then I’ll be riding again on the 27th before heading to llanberis for new year, have a couple of rides then too I reckon

rOcKeTdOg

the NW Alps christmas ride is on the 27th

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m hacking around North Yorkshire on either Roadie or Lefty, rotting up miles for the Rapha Festive 500

iridebikes
    Free Member

I cant stand the fact that i wont be able to get out either of the next days, due to this jesus thing 🙁

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Probably running tomorrow instead of riding as the bf is ill and I don’t fancy a solo ride on Xmas day. Planning a 100miler for new years day though 8)

bellerophon
    Free Member

Turkey Run at Glentress on tuesday

Alex

Black Mountains 27th.
    Cwmcarn 1st – Our normal new years day ride. Last year it was properly snowy.
    Taking my 11 year old out to try her new pedals/vans somewhere between
    Might sneak a road ride in if no one is looking 😉

scaled
    Free Member

Nowt :/ still got 10 or so stitches holding my front together.

I might get out for a walk round the block if im lucky.

ton

Sue, that is lovely, i showed my wife what you had posted and she started crying.
    i hope you have a great christmas love, and a even better new year.
    and if i were not married, i would gladly let you curl up with me love…….. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was out at 7 this morning back home on my old stamping ground

Will be out tomorrow At 7 also

And boxing day

Laggan or glentress on 27th and sking 28/29/30/31 snow dependant ( so more likely hill walking )

keyses2

Mostly local ( Malverns) but got 3 days in Snowdonia after New Year 🙂

Ambrose

Staying in Fachwen near Llanberis over New Year 🙂

Not sure if bike is coming out to play yet 🙁

Goodgey
    Free Member

Road ride tomorrow just a short one.

Road ride on Boxing day

Tunnel Hill area on New Years Eve on MTB

and maybe a couple of other rides in between

Vortexracing

We will be up at Aberconwy park clearing the caravan out for the winter shutdown.
    I’ll see if I can squeeze a ride in ‘up the mountain’.

May see you Sue, if so I’ll wave.

forge197
    Free Member

Cannock NYE
    Brenin NYD
    Lee quarry Day After NYD

That’s the plan currently nothing till then unless I get a cheeky ride on Wednesday.

Probably a nice walk tomorrow

anto164
    Free Member

Nothing planned, but i may go out on the roady for a bit tomorrow pre-lunch, and then a decent spin on Monday.

I’m desperately in need of mileage for the rapha 500, i’m only 30mi in so far, and 7 days left.. :/ another 280 miles to go over the next week.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

My annual solo gratitude ride first thing tomorrow morning. I’m really looking forward to it. Won’t be far, fast or that fancy, but I just take time on my own to sneak out the house before anyone’s up (fairly normal for me, of a weekend, if I’m honest!) but I love being out on a special day on one of the bikes, reminding myself how fortunate I am to still be on the planet, in such a lovely part of the planet and with all the things I’m grateful for – family, work, health, bikes and the like. I’m not especially religious but for me, Christmas morning has become a day to remind myself of these things. </soppy> 😳

bol

Nice little play in the woods at Bacton on Boxing Day. That’s probably it till a local loop on Thursday night. Maybe a little road ride out to the coast on the 2nd. I’ll be happy with that lot, combined with plenty of kids as family stuff.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Your Christmas / New Year biking plans?’ is closed to new replies.