Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Youchase Titanium? Ever heard of it?
  • Michael-B
    Free Member

Has anyone ever heard of the company youchase in regards to titanium cycling components? I recently came upon their products on ebay but I cant find a single thing about them. Before I decide to drop a $ I’d like to know what people think of the product. The price almost seems to good to be true. Is it?

Youchase Titanium Seatpost

jonjones13
    Free Member

Yeah, from the far east. This opens up the ‘can of worms’ debate about whether Ti is Ti etc……

My opinion is that it you’re going Ti you may as well go the whole hog and go expensive

druidh
    Free Member

jonjones13 – Member

Yeah, from the far east. This opens up the ‘can of worms’ debate about whether Ti is Ti etc……

My opinion is that it you’re going Ti you may as well go the whole hog and go expensive

Why?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve had some of their flat bars off ebay. They have been fine. Good finish, good service.

Michael-B
    Free Member

$70 3Al2.5V vs $215 for the Black Sheep 3al/2.5v ti

hamishthecat

I bought a seat post off them. Nicely made and lovely welds – but bear in mind you get a matt Ti finish and not the shiny they show in the ads.

If you want a Ti 31.6 seat post I’ve got one to sell, as I realised I need a lay back one – when I fitted it….

Michael-B
    Free Member

Thanks Hamish I do actually like a mat Ti finish. Unfortunately I need a 27.2 and strangely all the Youchase products seem to have been removed of ebay now.

firestarter
    Free Member

hamish i could well be interested in that post mate 😉 pix/ details to email please

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

According to Mark Lynskey Ti IS Ti:-

“As to the raw materials; did you know that everybody’s starter materials (tube hollows) come from either Russia or China. Yes that includes Sandvick, Haynes, Wolverine, and Reynolds. Yes the tubes that these companies create using Chinese and Russian raw materials do in fact go to aerospace/defense use as well as bicycle frames (including ours). “

Read the whole comment here.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49167

Keva
    Free Member

how come only the chinese and the russians have access to raw titanium ?

druidh
    Free Member

Michael B – Member

Thanks Hamish I do actually like a mat Ti finish. Unfortunately I need a 27.2 and strangely all the Youchase products seem to have been removed of ebay now.

The same happened to the cheapo Ti frames that were coming through Hong Kong. I think one of the industry “names” objected to being undercut by what was, basically, the same product at half the price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Youchase Titanium? Ever heard of it?’ is closed to new replies.