Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Yet more Thomson (and other) Dropper Remote adaptors.
  • stevied
    Free Member

Due to unprecedented demand I’ve got the go-ahead to make some more of these.
    More info here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thomson-remote-adaptors-are-go
    I’m up to another 50 so far and will be machining them this week, all being well.
    They are designed to work with a 1x set-up, ideally, as it turns the remote into an under-bar thumbshifter. Initally made for a KS Lev remote, then found it fitted my Thomson one too. Will work with a Reverb but needs a slightly longer body as the Reverb clamp is a bit bigger than the others.

Anodised ones will be available @ £17 inc ‘signed for’postage
    Silver ones are £15 inc postage.

If you’d like one, please be quick and drop me an email to steve_dees at hotmail.com
    😀

jam-bo

have you got any photos of it with a reverb remote on?

stevied
    Free Member

A few photo’s:

Black anodised:

With a Reverb remote:

X-Fusion Hi-Lo:

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Is that really an improvement on the standard reverb position though?.

jam-bo

so from looking at that, it’ll take a left hand remote and let you run it under the bars on the left?

if so, I’ll take one.

stevied
    Free Member

I’m not up on Reverb remotes as I’ve never had one. I think the one I have to try it on is a RH

scruff
    Free Member

Steved the one I sent you was a RH one. 😉

stevied
    Free Member

KS Lev Remote:

stevied
    Free Member

AH, cool, thanks for clarifying scruff. Just wish I had some way of working out the i-spec bit 🙁

Leigh2612
    Free Member

What Jambo said….if I can run a left reverb lever underneath I’ll take one…

spicer
    Free Member

Got any better pics of the reverb one? 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

More pics of the Reverb mounted on one. (on the ones for the Reverb, the length of the protruding section is 18mm to suit the width of the Reverb remote clamp)
    This is a RH remote and, as such, the hose port (if mounted as a LH remote) points down/inward)

jmatlock
    Free Member

Do they work well with the Specialized Command Post leaver?

stevied
    Free Member

@jmatlock: This works in the same way as the Lindaret one (I think I did mine first 😉 )
    Do you know how wide the clamp is on the CP remote? These are designed for a 12mm (or less) wide clamp.
    Here’s what the other one looks like with the CP remote on: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-lindarets-remount-remote-dropper-adapter.html

stevied
    Free Member

Still got a few available if anyone is interested. All machined now so off to the anodisers in the next day or 2 🙂
    drop me an email if you’d like one: steve_dees at hotmail.com

spicer
    Free Member

With the reverb one, I’m just wondering how much the hose is going to stick up/down (depending on which side lever you have once installed). Does anyone have a pic of one they’ve installed?

I have a left hand lever which I want to be kept on the left, but I’d have to flip the remote round to get the hose pointing down.

Stevied- FYI I find photographing small dark objects works much better when you use a dark background (I use a mousemat usually)! 🙂

bennn
    Free Member

Steve you get my email the other night?

I’d like 1 silver, 1 black please.

Thanks, Ben.

stevied
    Free Member

Hi Ben
    Yes, sorry, thought I’d replied. 😳

stevied
    Free Member

Had one fitted to a Giant dropper remote this weekend and it fits very well 🙂

robgclarkson
    Free Member

would really like to see this with a Reverb left hand actuator still mounted on the left… if it works well, i’ll take one in black 100%

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is that really an improvement on the standard reverb position though?.

Depends how it ends up, I ran my RH lever on the left under the bar, but it doesn’t really follow the arc of your thumb, whereas above the bar it was much easier to press.

If it allowed enough adjustment to get that right it could still be worthwhile.

finners

i’d like one for a KS Lev please.

stevied
    Free Member

Got a few left finners. Drop me an email and I can add you to the list

steve_dees at hotmail.com 🙂

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Emailed

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Steve
    Emailed this morning. Will give reverb a try and post back on the threads…

stevied
    Free Member

All have now been posted. Had a slight delay at the anodisers so hopefully will be with you all in a day or 2 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

Arrived today. That’s as close as I could get it to the grip without taking a file to the lock ring, but it’s working fine for me. It definitely feels a little more comfortable with the lever movement being in line with the thumb rather than at 90 degrees. I like it. Thanks Steve.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/tTVde9]Untitled[/url] by thegreatape, on Flickr

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 silver ones left if anyone is interested due to non payers. Drop me an email if you want one… 🙂

bennn
    Free Member

Arrived yesterday and fitted today, lovely machine work, ‘feels’ much nicer than before, thanks Steve!

DickBarton

Left hand Reverb isn’t going to fit under the left side of the bar…the cable routing will be pointing away from the bike rather than following the other cables round the headset in an obvious curve. This will go away from the bike – outward and forwards and then curve round towards the rear of the bike…

sv

Just confirm the above – works really well with the Giant dropper post and improves the cable routing too! Thanks Stevie.

Mugboo

Mine has arrived, thank you.

Cheers Jason

robgclarkson
    Free Member

OK, i bought one in an attempt to get it to work with my reverb (stupid reverb 😡 )… and it’s doesn’t fit (as described above by DickBarton)… so if anyone wants it, drop me a line (mail in profile) and i’ll send it on to you. it’s a black anodised one in as new condition.

and yes, i’ve checked this is OK with Steve 1st 😉

robgclarkson
    Free Member

ignore my post above, it’s now sold

stevied
    Free Member

Nice to see they are starting to arrive and be used 🙂

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Sounds like mine will be available as above I bought for a left hand reverb lever…

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Update for you all, I have got a left hand reverb to fit on the left, underneath the bars…the attachment from stevied points almost directly backwards and the remote is then in a similar position to a right lever run underneath on the left.
    I haven’t bled it (no oil in it at all) but I can’t see an issue when it is sorted either..

nuke

Wondering how people were fitting there’s after fitting mine last weekend in that is it worth using the screw?

Mine was tight on the bars anyway and I need to use a tyre lever to open it up just to get it on. With this in mind, I figured that as I tightened the KS remote lever screw, it would clamp the adapter firmly on the bar. Any reason not to do it this way?

stevied
    Free Member

No reason at all really. They are machined to very tight tolerances so, in theory, the remote will hold the adaptor in place when you tighten that clamp.
    It was a weight weenie secret… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Yet more Thomson (and other) Dropper Remote adaptors.’ is closed to new replies.