Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • xt single ring crankset
  • MSP

Just bought one this weekend, without a chainring, but on closer inspection it also has the fixings for a smaller inner chainring. Is this the wrong one on the box or is that the way they are.

luket

I also just bought one and found the same thing. I was wondering whether I’d been sent the wrong one. So there being two of us makes it (marginally) more likely they’re all like that. Mine came from CRC.

daver27
    Free Member

It’s the same crankset for the twin and single ring setup. Don’t panic

MSP

That’s a bit shit if its right, that would put the chainline out.

Goldigger
    Free Member

According to the shimano site there are 3 models, 3 different chain lines..
    Deore XT M8000 1×11 Crankset
    Deore XT M8000 2×11 Crankset
    Deore XT M8000 3×11 Crankset
    Model Number FC-M8000-1 FC-M8000-2 FC-M8000-3
    Crank Construction HOLLOWTECH II Technology
    Cassette Compatibility 11 11 11
    Chain Compatibility
    4-Arm Chainrings x x x
    Chainring Sizes 34, 32, 30T (SM-CRM80), 38-28T, 36-26T, 34-24TT, 40-30-22T
    Bolt Circle Diameter P.C.D. 96mm P.C.D. 96/64mm P.C.D. 96/64mm
    Chain Line 50.4mm 48.8mm 50mm

Goldigger
    Free Member

Just read a thread over on mtbr about the same issue, strange that the model number on the crank is just FC-M8000 no 1,2 or 3.

So god knows how shimano quote 3 different chain lines??

MoreCashThanDash

When I get the mech on the bike and wired up, I may be able to tell you if I have the right one or not…..

luket

FWIW CRC gives 50mm and 53mm chain line options. Might this be the difference between those intended for 1x vs 2x?

I went for 50mm but not fitted yet.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Be careful not to buy the B spec crankset too. B = Boost, designed for the wider chai line Boost 148 rear ends require. I think that’s the 53mm chain,one model mentioned above.

MSP

Still not sure I have the correct one, it isn’t the boost/53, but could be a double.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have the m8000 ‘single’ crankset from evans, mine has tabs for a granny ring too. I’m using it with a one up components narrow-wide ring, with their included 1mm spaces it puts the chainline from 50 to 49mm, the chainline is great for 1×10 with a standard 11-36 cassette.

Rich
    Free Member

The double cranks use the same spider as the 1x cranks, so you could switch between double and single setups with the same crank sets

Quote from here.

daver27
    Free Member

delete

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘xt single ring crankset’ is closed to new replies.