Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • xt 11-42 cassette for free…
  • gazc
    Free Member

iffoverload – pm’ed you on pinkbike i’ll take one 😀

iffoverload
    Free Member

@AlexSimon

yes I am using a zee short cage with a SRAM shifter and a 11-40 9 speed.

@gazc YGPM 😉

just put in an order for a few will post here when they turn up 🙂

cheers

cookeaa

Iffoverload I’d be interested in an Alloy spider if you are ordering some more in the future.

I’ll PM you on PB if that’s OK

I fancy bodging myself a wider range 1×9 setup and that looks just the ticket.

dave_h
    Free Member

make sure you have a steel freewheel if mounting it to plain sprocket not one on a spider.

It can’t be beyond the realms of possibility to mount the chainring to the 36t of a complete cassette with a spacer on the bolts and one behind the cassette to pad out the freehub and spread the load across the whole cassette.

naffa
    Free Member

Hi Pete I’ve pm’d you over on PB.
    Thanks Nathan

torquil
    Free Member

Ha, nice to see someone do this properly rather than my proper bodge!

I didn’t use mine for long as I reckoned it’d trash the freehub, i figured id just order a one-up sprocket instead.

Whilst waiting for the new sprocket I switched to a 30t chainring instead of the 34t I was on before and that seems to be fine now – I never want for a higher gear and the climbs are fine (I live at the foot of snowdon so most rides included a fairly decent climb). I’m not sure I’ll bother using the 42t sprocket when it finally arrives.

iffoverload
    Free Member

@ torquil Thanks for sharing 🙂

I dont often spin out but want to keep at least a 32 up front.

iffoverload
    Free Member

got some more made up at last,

they are either steel or aluminium £20 each including the postage and a couple of spacers or 1 of each for £30
    any questions please send me a message on PB

breadcrumb

I’ll keep my eye on this thread, I’m about to go 1×10 so I’ll see how I get on with a 36 before I start messing about.

sillyoldman

@iffoverload – does the Alu version have a wider footprint on the freehub body? Got 240 hubs and don’t fancy destroying the f/hub….

flap_jack
    Free Member

This would be good on a sportive bike for after cake – anyone tried something like this on a 2×10 105 setup ?

iffoverload
    Free Member

@sillyoldman , no its cut out of 2mm sheet not CNC. I have only used it on a steel freehub body so dont know how a Alu one would hold up.

Someone did suggest fixing the adaptor on the back of a cassette with a carrier.

where theres a will.. 😆

tpbiker
    Free Member

hmmm…interesting.

Any pics of it on the bike?

iffoverload
    Free Member

@ tpbiker

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/10641823/

more in the album and a vid too.

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Interesting idea. I’ve installed a thick/thin chainring, but kept the small ring in place, so if i need to do a lot of climbing, I can just drop the chain by hand.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘xt 11-42 cassette for free…’ is closed to new replies.