Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • X Fusion Hilo 27.2mm – Come On Lets See Em'! (And Info Please)
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any pics of said seatpost on the bike, any write ups etc etc? i had a gravity dropper fail on me for two long rides in the best summer months (completely spoiling two seperate days out) so i instantly sold it after the second failing….

i’d really like a reverb, but it clearly isnt going to happen in 27.2mm…

so im looking at the xfusion hilo – its not a bad looking thing, hyrdrailic etc etc….

im after a few reviews reall as there seems to be none on the web and very few on here….

can get the remote version quite cheap, even on wiggle, so thinking of a treat at xmas, to see if a hydraulic one is better than the naff GD turbo that failed me..

scruff
    Free Member

I would add mine wobbles a bit and I dont think the lever is very strong, the cable out of the back is a pain to sit properly with my new Shimnao brake levers and the mechanism is prone t onot working with any grit getting into the hinge.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Leku
    Free Member

The XF review is mine. I’ve had it 4 months now and it’s still going strong. Did a week in Italy with Riviera Bikes and it was such a great thing to have.

Bar mounted lever would be better.

Amount of play (only small and similar to mates other makes) hasn’t increased. Given the options for 27.2, I’d recommend it.

clubber
    Free Member

Out of interest, how does a GD fail?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers for the info guys – cheers leku for that write up ….so have you had no problems what so ever with it? not even 1 failure?

ref the GD failure – the pin inside that released it failed to retract enough to allow it to come back up – i genuinely didnt like the style of it, its too mechanical and i spend 40 mins on a large ride with friends trying to sort it out pissing them off too…..

i vowed never to use it again after the second time…im not saying they are not good, im sure people like the simplistic use of it, just my experience wasnt great for 220 quid……and it looked awful too just add injury to insult 😆

anyways – ive not used one all summer and although ive loved riding with my seat up my arse sometimes it would be nice to just press a button again and have no worries….

but im probably still going to have issues with which ever brand i buy if i do….all i hear is bad things on here about the reverb…yet not really heard anything about the hilo to suggest its bad..

clubber
    Free Member

Interesting – I thought the mechanical aspect of the GD was the selling point? If the pin is sticky can’t you just manually force it back in to release (not great obviously but not a ride wrecker)?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Mine has a bit of play but not really an issue – also putting grease under the collar has helped with the squeak 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Interesting – I thought the mechanical aspect of the GD was the selling point? If the pin is sticky can’t you just manually force it back in to release (not great obviously but not a ride wrecker)?

you would think so, but it was the way the remote was placed- it wasnt for some reason releasing enough all of a sudden so it would have meant stripping the remote and seatpost to get into the pin….i did try and it seemed to work for a bout a minute…i then gave up and had to ride the remaining 20 miles with my seat down……superb workout, terrible ride and it was one of the nicest sunny days of the year 🙁

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

if a GD pin fails to smoothly engage/disengage the solution is often to fine tune the top collar, screwing it up or down a fraction of a turn so that the pin and holes align perfectly.

Rickos
    Free Member

What the monkey said. I found that out the hard way too. The collar needs to be just so, not too tight, not too loose.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Hilo 27.2mm – Come On Lets See Em'! (And Info Please)’ is closed to new replies.