• This topic has 50 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • would you feel embarresed riding a marin?
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

i know marins were the bike of choice back in the early 90's but they just hav'nt seemed to have moved on with the times, the only people they lure in is geeky riders wearing all the body armour (with lycra) on a crappy gay trail like coedy brenin gettin in the way of proper riders, i just find them **** gay bikes, sorry if i've offended any one but its time we took a stand to these riders who are putting shame on our gnarly sport!! 😈

uplink
    Free Member

right on bro

clubber
    Free Member

An extrememly poor trolling effort. I find you to be **** insulting to those of us who are capable of decent trolling 😈

Philby

I do ride a Marin – and I don't feel embarrassed!

RealMan
    Free Member

Why are "proper riders" "on a crappy gay trail like coedy brenin"

poisonspider
    Free Member

Even I didn't fall for that one!

Get back under your bridge. Bell-end!

wwaswas

I'd feel embarrassed that I'd spelt embarrassed wrong in a thread title.

Older Marins yes, newer ones, no.

thv3
    Free Member

embarresed??

Sounds like you've got bigger concerns than Marin riders.

Which brand of non "gay" bike do you ride btw? Something you can spell I presume?

Jamie
    Free Member

This even makes Hora's trolling seem competent.

br
    Free Member

You've obviously never seen this guy in action:

http://www.marin.co.uk/wp-marin/?p=1351

He passed me last night like I was stood still.

peachos
    Free Member

my marin rocky ridge is sick fo **** you

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

bullheart
    Free Member

geeky riders wearing all the body armour (with lycra) on a crappy gay trail like coedy brenin gettin in the way of proper riders

Looks like someone is using the new multi-troll option.

thomthumb
    Free Member

poddy when did you grow that silver beard?!!

glenp
    Free Member

By the time you finish school hopefully you will have learned to spell embarrassed.

Granted, you'll still have plenty of other issues to work on.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I've got a Marin.

I took it to Coed recently and had a great time, right up until some thick, scruffy bellend started swearing at me because I was in his way!

Imagine that?

I was so incensed, I was forced to calm myself down listening to Abba in the car on the way home.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Try fitting a map board on one of these.

I really quite like the longer travel Marin FS bikes. My old man has a HT that I got from ebay for £30 but is really rather light and he really likes it.

jonrambo
    Free Member

this is'nt a time for arguing about spelings, this is a time for all shredders coming together and unighting as one to clear out all theze chocolate boys on stop them from giving us a bad reputation!! boom!!! 😯

mr_mills
    Free Member

jon rambo – Member

spelings
    unighting
    theze

glenp
    Free Member

No. Really. Do your homework and then you can go out for a ride on your bike.

And pull your trousers up.

njee20
    Free Member

What 'our gnarly sport' needs rid of is morons like you, I don't really care how radcore you are, sharing a sport with you offends me.

Back under your bridge big ears.

PJM1974
    Free Member

What do you ride then jon?

Jamie
    Free Member

Jon Rambo is not as I remember him……

jools182
    Free Member

I wouldn't buy a Marin at the moment because they look horrible

but whatever anyone else rides is no concern of mine, I'm sure they are an awesome bike, but if it was my money I'd get something else

gixer-chris
    Free Member

Does it matter? I didnt realise, being a newbie, that this sport had an element of snobbery like bloody golf does! :p

jonrambo
    Free Member

ok, sorry i think im upsetting a few of you, (marin riders) 😉 oh and sory bout mi dislexia,…. but come on is there any one out there who agrees with me, don't be a sheep like the rest of em, say what you think baaa baaa! 😉 dont geeky gayboys ride marins?

njee20
    Free Member

I didnt realise, being a newbie, that this sport had an element of snobbery like bloody golf does!

It generally doesn't, sadly, like golf, it has an element of retards thinking they're cool in it. This is one of those examples.

It'll go soon, just ignore it.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Get the name right. It's John Rambo, I don't think he was ever called Jonathan (shortened to Jon) in any of the films.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089880/

Marins, OK bikes but not moved on. Wouldn't ride one myself but they don't do a steel hardtail anymore, that's the main reason. Used to own a lovely steel Pine Mountain back in the late 1990's, never had a Marin full sus.

glenp
    Free Member

No. Geeky gayboys are the ones that are much too concerned with what other people ride.

z1ppy

would you feel embarresed riding a marin?

Nope never did, moved onto something else now though, but the (XC100) frames sat beside me waiting for me to try and try flog it off or throw it in the loft.

They do have a rep for creaking, which I used to disagree with, until the last time I rode Penhydd. Getting back to the trail centre a group of riders were setting off, about 6/8 Marin owners of variously aged full-sussers, they were all creaking – I found it very funny.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Yay! We now have a replacement for Kaesae as the village idiot / STW spaztard.

BigDummy
    Free Member

ok, sorry i think im upsetting a few of you, (marin riders) oh and sory bout mi dislexia,…. but come on is there any one out there who agrees with me, don't be a sheep like the rest of em, say what you think baaa baaa! dont geeky gayboys ride marins?

This is a fantastic piece of idiot impersonation trolling. It's really very well done. Have you got a doctor's note for your dislexia (sic)? It's just that it reads like you're a berk rather than ill. 🙂

cheshirecat
    Free Member

No – I have one, and I rather like it.

b17
    Free Member

/happy marin rider/

how have Marins 'not moved on' exactly?

from hardtails in the 80s/90s to one of the most successful early sus designs, the FRS.

That had the Quad VPP system added, the TARA (travel adjust) added.

More recently there is hydroforming, the Quake freeride bikes (stock bikes with Hammerschmidt).

All spec has changed with the years as anything else.

So no, clearly not moved on at all….

foxyrider
    Free Member

There is a mistake here the OP should say:

would you feel embarrased riding Jon Rambo? 😉

Sorry I normally object to that sort of thing but I couldn't resist 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Marins are great bikes. That is all.

BigDummy
    Free Member

How dare you? Jon Rambo isn't gay! That's for gays. He's just here to save our sport from the gays. To do that, he's got to find out which of the shredders are gays, and then he can bum them to death with his gnarl-rod. 🙂

mr_mills
    Free Member

foxyrider
    Free Member

dickydutch

You havent got dyslexia. You have a case of nob-headitis.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘would you feel embarresed riding a marin?’ is closed to new replies.