Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Work in the bike trade for nothing?
  • one_bad_mofo

Well that what they want someone to do over at BikeMagic now they've got rid of Mike Davis…

We are looking for a cycling enthusiast to become our intern to work across market leading websites, Bike Magic and Road Cycling UK. You'll be eager to get involved with writing cycling news stories for both sites and product and bike testing. Ideally, you'll have some basic journalism skills and be a recent graduate who's keen on cycling on and off road. If so, we'll offer you lots of opportunities to hone your skills, learn masses of new ones and see your work published online. Additionally, although initially this role is voluntary for 3-4 months (with travel expenses paid within London)… for the right candidate, it has the potential to become a permanent one. To apply, please send a CV and covering note explaining why you're interested in this internship to richard.hallett@magicalia.com by 25th March 2010

Even if I was in the position to work for nothing I'd think twice about doing this seeing how they punted Mike out and then promoted David Arthur to the Editor's role. It all seems a bit off to me. :-*

gwaelod
    Free Member

I thought you couldn't hire an intern to do work which (to paraphrase) would otherwise be done by a paid employee. (HMRC rules)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

"Come and write articles from our commercially lucrative website! If I use it, I'll give you 50 quid!"

MrSmith
    Free Member

if you wanted to get into the bike industry then it's a good opportunity for somebody with no experience to get some.
    plus there will most likely be a few freebies floating around too.

zaskar
    Free Member

If you can support yourself financially then it's a good opportunity.

tails
    Free Member

Internships are bulls**t why should someone well qualified work for nothing, their asking for good skills which they should pay for! Its becoming the norm for industries like design and media which is not good as it only lets the well off do such jobs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Work in the bike trade for nothing?’ is closed to new replies.